Internet Explorer 7

There was another thread with mixed reviews, most of which were based on Microsoft's previous introductions filled with glitches and witches and such. I have it and love the features but the window comes back up where it pleases, not the same location I'd like to stay constant (I'm not one to stretch IE across the screen). I do wish it were more versatile in organizing it. It has a built-in search line that you can designate to use Google but I prefer the actual Google Tool Bar. You can't set their bar not to show.

If you get it, there are clear instructions on reverting to IE6 on the MS page. So far... mostly decent.

I've got it on two computers at home. No problems so far. Some day the IT folks will push it on us at work. In the meantime they don't want us downloading it on our own. Guess they want their own screwed up version. :D The bloatware we put up with is incredible.

Downloaded a week ago -- no problems so far, can't say I really notice the difference other than the enhanced visibility of text.

Downloaded and installed it. Went to bring up Quickbooks, and got a message that Quickbooks won't load with IE7 installed.
Doesn't really matter, because I use Firefox anyway.

I started using it a few weeks ago, fine so far. sometimes the extra tab bogs down - it isn't as "quick" as merely going to the bottom of the screen and clicking on another tab down below - so I usually open more than one window anyway.

I've got it loaded on one of my computers and so far, its ok. Feels like a cheap UI implementation copy of firefox tho...

I got the auto install message and canceled it. I also run Quickbooks and it states it won't operate with Explorer 7 installed. Great, another reason I have to upgrade Quickbooks.

Best,

Dave

Works for me. Can't say it's a monumental step forward, but has a few nice features. Seems stable and haven't had any glitches... yet!

Gary

In the meantime they don't want us downloading it on our own. Guess they want their own screwed up version.

I'm also blocking it at work. Several of our regular sites that we use for business won't work with IE7 yet. We've been testing regularly. Until they ALL work, though, it's not seeing the network beyond my department's workstations.

I have it on a couple of PCs (my home notebook and my company notebook). What I've found so far is the company one is having problems with sites it didn't before although I can't swear it's not the site. Netscape and Firefox necer worked well on company local sites but seem to do okay now so did something else change? Home system is handling it well.
The company has not yet pushed it out "officially". I downloaded and installed it at home. Acrobat seems to work, as does Mediaplayer for Youtube and Google video.
I like the tab browsing; looks better on IE 7 than that patched IE 6 did.
I haven't tried the other browser "NEOPLANET" more than to just start it up. It always seemed to me to use IE as an engine.

Back