Which is the better type of plane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Chuck is workign on fixing this issue. Basically when a poll is posted in the SPin Zone it shows up on the main page of PoA.

Since the latest poll in spin zone is form my post I am making this poll to replace it on the main PoA page will Chuck does his magic.

Scott,

You left off an important choice - anything with wings. I fly both high wing and low wing planes and they both get me off the ground.

Ghery said:
Scott,

You left off an important choice - anything with wings. I fly both high wing and low wing planes and they both get me off the ground.

I do too. That is why you can pick more than one of the choices

alaskaflyer said:
Well, whoopdee do. Nothing against you Scott, but is that going to kill anyone fer Chrissake :dunno: :princess:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9618 And I agree with the thread. The front page of PoA should show what the prime objective of the site is all about. That is avaition. While some talk politics I don't think that polls from that particular group should get highlighted on the front page.

smigaldi said:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9618 And I agree with the thread. The front page of PoA should show what the prime objective of the site is all about. That is avaition. While some talk politics I don't think that polls from that particular group should get highlighted on the front page.

If someone posts a poll on whether you like hamburgers or cheeseburgers more, and its in hangar talk, it will end up on the front page. I turned off the spin zone poll display on the front page because of the fact that spin zone is a special case forum that we recognize many people opt-out of, not because we're an "Aviation site".

To my mind this site is first and foremost about aviators, and providing them with a warm, friendly atmosphere to discuss issues important to them which, of course, include primarily aviation, but also include other subjects. Thats why we have Hangar Talk and also the Spin Zone (which is somewhat less warm and friendly sometimes) - so aviators can talk about topics of importance to them.

Dang. Until I saw this thread in HT, I totally forgot there was a spin zone here.

If I can fly it from the left seat, I don't particularly care where (or if) the wings are. They all have their good points, but the important part is...

THEY FLY!

HPNFlyGirl said:
Low wings obstruct the view.

So do high wings. It just depends on what you're wanting to view and where the wing is at that particular time. I dislike traffic patterns in high wings 'cause the wing blocks your view of the pattern in the turn unless you have a nice window like the Citabra.

Missa

Last edited:
Back