Interesting Garmin webinar that you can't register for.

thito01

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tony T
Garmin has an upcoming webinar titled "Affordable Database Solutions" which was advertised as explaining how their different subscriptions really work. The problem is that the registration link takes you to the registration for "Garmin Pilot 101: Aircraft Setup".
Its at https://www.garmin.com/en-US/aviation/webinars/americas/
I have tried working though the 'contact us' stuff and it keeps rejecting because they don't have a contact category for webinars and when I try other things, it just fails.
Maybe someone at Garmin or with contacts there may see this and get it fixed.
I have actually registered for the incorrect webinar just so I might be able to point out their error when that webinar occurs.

Once at that page, try to register for the Feb. 8 session. It takes you to the Feb. 3 session. The web links are identical.

Once at that page, try to register for the Feb. 8 session. It takes you to the Feb. 3 session. The web links are identical.

Hawkeye: [regarding the requisition of the incubator being denied] We're not asking for a jukebox or a pizza oven.
Captain Sloan: Oh, those I can let you have.
Henry: No kidding! Hey, those would be great on movie nights. You got any pizza requisition forms?
Captain Sloan: Just use the standard S stroke 1798 and write in "Pizza" where it says "Machine Gun".

Ah, I see now. I misunderstood your post and didn’t try to register. I thought you meant that the link took you straight to the wrong webinar, which of course made no sense. Carry on.

I'm seeing that too, and I'd also be interested in that webinar. There's an e-mail address I've seen Garmin add to a lot of their webinar slides: AviationTraining.Webinar@garmin.com. I just sent an email to them about the problem. Let's see if that helps.

Well, it turns out it was all for naught. I tried to join the first webinar today and Garmin's webinar provider does not support Firefox. Just MS and Chrome. Neither of which is allowed on my machine.
:sigh:

Well, it turns out it was all for naught. I tried to join the first webinar today and Garmin's webinar provider does not support Firefox. Just MS and Chrome. Neither of which is allowed on my machine.
:sigh:

Well, that's pretty dumb of whatever web-weenie that did the webinar.

But can't you tell firefox to pretend to be something else?

Duh! I had not thought about that. I did download the extension and it let me get to the "it's over" screen, which it would not before. Next, I will try it on the webinar I mainly wanted.
Thanks

Back