Interesting Avweb comment

Right, but ADS-B is revolutionary, your point is reactionary. You show me where revolutions have been quashed the same way. I look forward to it being full functional.

"No taxation without representation" was reactionary too, but it played a role in fomenting a revolution.

I think we need revolutionary changes in the process by which costs are imposed on those of little means.

I also do not believe however, that ADS-B was developed for GA.
Of course it wasn't developed for small GA, the people who fly around VFR. You don't think they would spend that money on such a small segment of the population, do you? :D

However the airspace system is supposed to benefit everyone, not just pilots or aircraft owners. It includes all the passengers who fly on commercial airliners too.

Of course it wasn't developed for small GA, the people who fly around VFR. You don't think they would spend that money on such a small segment of the population, do you? :D

However the airspace system is supposed to benefit everyone, not just pilots or aircraft owners. It includes all the passengers who fly on commercial airliners too.
That is exactly my point. I was commenting on someone elses statement concerning the billions of dollars spent on ADS-B for development.

Doug

As far as I can tell, neither the EU or the Canadians have adopted the UAT technology. I believe that is specific to the U.S. So aircraft equipped with only UAT out would presumably not be legal in certain areas of their air spaces.

I agree. If you are flying anywhere besides the United States, you will need a 1090ES transponder to meet the ADS-B Out mandates.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Back