Insurance forms - a scan, not a fillable PDF? Come on now, it's 2024.

RussR

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Russ
Got another insurance "Pilot History" form yesterday from a client. It was sent to him directly from the agent. While it was a PDF, it's pretty clearly a scan of the paper form. And from previous experience with other companies, it seems like this is pretty common.

So I guess they intended me to print it out, fill it out, then scan it back in. (And get to deal with interpreting my handwriting.) Come on now, it's 2024, we don't need to generate paper. It's not hard to make a fillable PDF form that I can type the information into, I would think any company that's sending out a bunch of forms like this a year would spend a couple of hours to make a useful form.

Wait, maybe they expect me to print it out, then use a typewriter to fill it out and then mail it back. That would have been fun. If I could find a typewriter.

What I actually did was sent it to my iPad and used a stylus to fill and sign it, but I can't imagine that's the expected method.

Rant over. For now.

or the other alternative would be that they expect you to get or use pdf editing software and annotate the document
and to that, I would still be saying "Come on now, it's 2024"

pdfFiller

It's not perfectly smooth, but I've been using it for a few years now.
Free, however each time you finish using the app it annoyingly opens a browser so you can see their website offerings

The forms that really torque me are the docusign/pandasign/easysign - they make it so that you either accept their terms or don't sign it. No negotiating, no changes allowed.

or the other alternative would be that they expect you to get or use pdf editing software and annotate the document
and to that, I would still be saying "Come on now, it's 2024"

I have done that in the past as well. But, of course, this form I was sent was scanned just a little bit crooked, as they always seem to be.

I have done that in the past as well. But, of course, this form I was sent was scanned just a little bit crooked, as they always seem to be.

If you filled it and scan it, make sure you scan it even more crooked. :)

The forms that really torque me are the docusign/pandasign/easysign - they make it so that you either accept their terms or don't sign it. No negotiating, no changes allowed.
I get that all the time. I just don't sign it and inform the sender why. Either things get changed or they don't need my business.

Back