Insurance break

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Woohoo!

Renewed the plan and the insurance price went down from $3700 to $2300 annually.

That may seem high but I believe it is really low for an SR22.
Especially considering the almost certain probability of engine failure :lol:

Anyway, I had heard horror stories about Cirrus insurance.
If anyone was curious or heard those same horror stories, it is not THAT bad.

Now for the $10,000 annual in Feb :rolleyes:

Still not as bad as my car insurance. Congrats on that!

If we were to get off our butts and Get IR, it would go down again.
Given this reduction, there is less motivation to learn all that wizardry :)

Sheeeee.....the Bo insurance is a fraction of that.

but.....you have a TV and a chute. :lol:

That's my goal... to get my IR before the next renewal. I'd be interested to see just how low you can get it!

How bad can your car insurance be?:dunno:

Bad. :( I've never so much as been pulled over or filed a claim or anything! I guess it's the 15 year old, 400hp, rwd luxury car accident waiting to happen along with my new SUV on lease. My youth probably doesn't help much either.

^^^ I say SUV because that's what's on the registration but it's a Mini Paceman and it's tiny, which I think is hilarious. :rofl:

Bad. :( I've never so much as been pulled over or filed a claim or anything! I guess it's the 15 year old, 400hp, rwd luxury car accident waiting to happen along with my new SUV on lease. My youth probably doesn't help much either.

^^^ I say SUV because that's what's on the registration but it's a Mini Paceman and it's tiny, which I think is hilarious. :rofl:

Sad deal.....

The insurance companies must be really gouging the kids nowadays..

Sad deal.....

As a group, insurers lose a LOT of money with drivers under the age of 25.

Those Liberty Mutual commercials are irritating. "So I have one accident and POW my insurance company raises my rates! Isn't that what I pay insurance for?"

As a group, insurers lose a LOT of money with drivers under the age of 25.

I bet....
But you would figure a young person with a clean driving record might get a decent premium price till they prove themselves otherwise..

Sad deal.....

Insurance on my old Mistsubishi 3000gt with 5k worth of coverage and a 1k deductable was 220 bucks a month. Course I was 18 years old driving a "sports" car(front wheel drive and 220 hp lol) Now its not so bad that I drive a new civic. Big drop when I hit 25.

I bet....
But you would figure a young person with a clean driving record might get a decent premium price till they prove themselves otherwise..

You can't do that primarily because with most youthful drivers it's not a question of "if" they have an accident, but "when". The problem is that if you wait until someone has an accident (that you're almost certain is coming) to charge them more then you haven't collected enough $ to cover the cost of the accident. And if you wait until after they've had an accident to charge them more you can't raise someone's rate 20x what it was to cover the cost. So you try to find middle ground.

I work in the industry and it's irritating to even me that married females are rated as adults regardless of their age, but the same is not true of married males.

I have to tease Rachel a little here. I carry $1M BI/PD liability, UM, collision and comprehensive and pay just under $200 for 6 months. My 17 YO daughter pays $1,900 for 6 months.

Last edited:
Insurance on my old Mistsubishi 3000gt with 5k worth of coverage and a 1k deductable was 220 bucks a month. Course I was 18 years old driving a "sports" car(front wheel drive and 220 hp lol) Now its not so bad that I drive a new civic. Big drop when I hit 25.

Geez....

Livin in Wyoming must really help, altho I am an old fart so that must keep the premium down..

Late model Tundra, 1 grand deductable, comp. collision,1 million liability...... 172.00 every six months..

Those are ridiculously low rates. I'm in FL and have never seen rates that low for that coverage (for any client). PIP fraud, among other things, really drives the rates up for my area. FL, NY, CA...tough states for auto insurance pricing in general.

Woohoo!

Renewed the plan and the insurance price went down from $3700 to $2300 annually.

Makes that $1,850 quote I just got for the Bonanza seem reasonable.

You can't do that primarily because with most youthful drivers it's not a question of "if" they have an accident, but "when". The problem is that if you wait until someone has an accident (that you're almost certain is coming) to charge them more then you haven't collected enough $ to cover the cost of the accident. And if you wait until after they've had an accident to charge them more you can't raise someone's rate 20x what it was to cover the cost. So you try to find middle ground.

I work in the industry and it's irritating to even me that married females are rated as adults regardless of their age, but the same is not true of married males.

I have to tease Rachel a little here. I carry $1M BI/PD liability, UM, collision and comprehensive and pay just under $200 for 6 months. My 17 YO daughter pays $1,900 for 6 months.

I think a lot has to do with being in Colorado, too. Evidently the past 5 years or so have been a nightmare with all these hailstorms. They have to make up their losses somewhere..

I think a lot has to do with being in Colorado, too. Evidently the past 5 years or so have been a nightmare with all these hailstorms. They have to make up their losses somewhere..

My vehicle has not risen in years.. but my homeowners has gone up 40 % based on those hailstorms... at least that is what my insurance guy said...

Look at it this way - you're paying for 20%+ potential flying that you can't do without the rating, even conservatively ;)

Getting my IR last year reduced my insurance premium by approximately 10%.

How old are you? Might be good to shop around. My insurance was pretty expensive and stayed that way even as I got older. I don't remember the numbers but lets say it was $1500/yr and when I was 23-24 I decided to shop around one day and woah, its $900. My insurance company hadn't been dropping the rates as I aged out of the high risk group. I got another insurance company.

My policy is about $600/yr now on an almost new F150 super crew

Last edited:

I wonder why the insurance companies won't weigh pilot or racing license when calculating a rate. Both licenses improve one's driving skills.

I am paying 3 digits for my car and plane insurance (annual total). I must be old. :D

My vehicle has not risen in years.. but my homeowners has gone up 40 % based on those hailstorms... at least that is what my insurance guy said...

He is correct.

I've seen companies reduce roof coverage AND take 30%+ rate increases in Colorado.. In one year..

Also those fires we had for the last couple years did not help.

How old are you? Might be good to shop around. My insurance was pretty expensive and stayed that way even as I got older. I don't remember the numbers but lets say it was $1500/yr and when I was 23-24 I decided to shop around one day and woah, its $900. My insurance company hadn't been dropping the rates as I aged out of the high risk group. I got another insurance company.

My policy is about $600/yr now on an almost new F150 super crew

Old enough to own two cars I guess! I plan on switching soon but not until I buy a house. Which should be soon... if this state would just get their act together and stop asking double what they should on houses already.

I mean look at this...
http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...438439,39.317831,-105.331078_rect/10_zm/1_fr/

Compared to this...
http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal....181031,34.461277,-105.463257_rect/6_zm/1_fr/

Guess I can't complain about $600 for a Cherokee with low hours.

Woohoo!

Ouch, that a bit for a piston single.

I'd wager a IFR would take a chunk out, after all it really is a plane built for IFR.

How many hours do you have?

Regarding car insurance, so many companies are advertising save x amount of dollars, I figured if I shop around enough they will soon be paying me to have their insurance! :goofy:

Regarding car insurance, so many companies are advertising save x amount of dollars, I figured if I shop around enough they will soon be paying me to have their insurance! :goofy:

Ha...

I watch those commercials where they say " you can save up to 500 dollars a year"..

Heck, I have a great policy , and it is LESS then 500 bucks..

Gives me a chuckle every time...:rofl::rofl:

Back