Instrument Test Prep Chart Images

etemplet

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
etemplet
I have the whole ASA Instrument Course Test Prep. I think it is GREAT and extensive in detail but I cannot read the charts and maps in the study section because they are such poor quality. I am looking at images on my lap top. I wonder if that matters ?

I decided to get ready for the IR Test but I cannot even measure my level of knowledge with regard to this area of study. If it is an image, I simply have too much difficulty viewing the file to gain any knowledge from the questions posed.

Could I just purchase the charts and read them on my own? It isn't very difficult. Is the IR Test filled with the same type of unreadable images ? LOL :)

On a side note, I have been reading and studying, letting it all soak in... Would it be a good idea to just take a weekend test prep course and get R done ?

Last edited:
You can buy the test supplements. That's what I would do.

Sporty's has the test supplements online and viewable for free. I paid the $15 subscription and had Sporty's sign me off to take the written, but you don't need to do that to take practice tests online and view the supplements.

www.sportys.com/studybuddy

That was my biggest complaint about the ASA product. I was hoping they fixed it. Gleim's chart/image viewer is MUCH better ... to the point that you don't need anything else?

Did you not get the printed supplement with the test prep software?

That was my biggest complaint about the ASA product. I was hoping they fixed it. Gleim's chart/image viewer is MUCH better ... to the point that you don't need anything else?

Did you not get the printed supplement with the test prep software?

I purchased the video course from the Flight School and all I have are the discs and installation instructions. I also have the Oral Test prep Book.

<note: I changed my prior rant to a more civil tone and more objective statements. LOL>

I need to set up more of a classroom environment when I watch the videos and take the tests. there are limits of what can be accomplished VIA Video only programs. I believe I have bumped into those limites. ;) I will soldier on.

Perhaps I killed too many brain cells over the years. I used to think I was adequately intelligent. I've been wrong before :dunno:

Last edited:
I've watched the videos more than once and still cannot figure out the answers to the questions. They do no explain the logic of how they arrived at the answers.
Take a break, run through these: www.AvClicks.com .

I know the author--he knows what he's talking about. :)

dtuuri

The charts on the computer still suck. I took the IR test last month. I hope they fixed the typos as well. Good luck!

I can't take a break, I just got back started. I am on a mission. LOL If I don't make some headway soon, I have some lime tequila and salt and hula hoop somewhere.

I can't take a break, I just got back started. I am on a mission. LOL If I don't make some headway soon, I have some lime tequila and salt and hula hoop somewhere.

Suit yourself, but watching videos won't get you anywhere. If you want to save time you need to roll up your sleeves and study the stuff. My website gives you the context and hyperlinks to FAA documents that back up my tutorials. Between them, you'll be well on your way to understanding the IFR system and passing the written. You move at your own pace--no distracting "multi media" junk, just the essentials to understand things. Don't click through the slides fast, though. Only after you're satisfied you "got" what was stated, should you proceed.

dtuuri

I plan on giving it a try.

Back