Insomnia?

C

Counting Sheep

The last few days I haven't been able to sleep very well. Last night I was laying in bed for 9 hours and slept less than three. Other nights recently have been bad but not that bad. It's starting to interfere with my lifestyle. Is there anything I can do about it? I haven't changed my diet at all - could anything else be causing something like this?

I know you're asking for help, but the way you asked it appears troll-like.

Many potential causes can exist. Stress, environment, diet and more.

This forum is likely the wrong place to obtain the help you may need.

If the simple and common remedies (you can google those) don't do it, then it's time to schedule a visit to your primary doctor and get direct help.

If medication is provided, check privately with Dr. Bruce Chien on the details of how it affects your medical.

There's a pretty good webinar on faasafety.gov on sleep that has some techniques in it about sleep hygiene. Plus it counts for Wings credit. It may be in the A&P section. I don't have the link handy, but search that site or this one. I think I've posted about it before.

There are no approvable sleep meds except for Lunesta, and that has a 60 hour standdown after one use and a max of 60 pills in a year.

And it doesn't treat the underlying issue, whatever that may be.

If you're currently wearing 36's, try some 38's.

Whiskey is approved and only an 8 hour standdown/sarcasm

If it's interfering with your lifestyle, change your lifestyle, you might sleep better.

I normally hit the sack about 10pm and I am usually asleep in about 10 min or less, and the alarm goes off at 3:50am. My wife has night sleep problems so I may be woken once during the night. Most nights I sleep through. My work commute situation allows me twice daily naps of about 30minutes before and after work.

No sleep issues here. Great lifestyle.

Melatonin supplements are available OTC, it's a natural sleep hormone not a drug. Nothing there to report. Try to use that to get back on a more regular sleep cycle.

Just don't plan on flying or doing any open heart surgery or anything the next day, you may feel drowsy for the first couple of hours in the morning.

Whiskey is approved and only an 8 hour standdown/sarcasm

If it works, for people like me it's the opposite, more than 2 drinks and I'm up 2 hours after I go to sleep. Nothing worse than being a wide awake drunk with nothing on but infomercials. :nonod:

If it works, for people like me it's the opposite, more than 2 drinks and I'm up 2 hours after I go to sleep. Nothing worse than being a wide awake drunk with nothing on but infomercials. :nonod:

With Leslie, it's up after 4 hours with a single drink!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back