Inquiring About CFI Services & Exploring Aircraft Purchase Partnership Opportunities

arezcolumbia

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
am747
Dear Certified Flight Instructors,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently exploring options for my flight training and possibly a partnership in aircraft purchase. Below are the two options I am considering:

Option 1: Seeking CFI for Flight Training
CFI with/without a Plane: I am looking for a CFI to assist with my training. Could you please inform me of your hourly rate? Do you offer block discounting?
Aircraft Ownership: If you don’t own a plane, the aircraft will likely be rented from Solberg Airport unless purchased independently or through Option 2.
Aircraft Details & Location: If you own a plane, could you please provide details about the aircraft, its hourly rate, and where the lessons would typically be located?
Syllabus & Availability: What syllabus do you follow for training? Could you please share your availability and the possibility of expedited lessons?
Option 2: Aircraft Purchase with a CFI Partner
Type of Plane: I am looking to purchase a plane, preferably one equipped with IFR, as I intend to get my instrument rating. I am open to discussing the type of plane that would be mutually beneficial.
Location of Hangar: I am flexible with the location of the hangar; however, Solberg (N51) offers reasonable tie-down costs.
Financing & Payment: I am open to paying the CFI upfront in a potential partnership, allowing the CFI to use it towards the plane.

I am eager to discuss any ideas, preferences, or proposals you might have regarding both options. If you are interested or know someone who might be, please feel free to reach out to me directly. I am looking forward to engaging discussions and hopeful collaborations.

Response Requested:

Could you please let me know which option you are willing to participate in and provide answers relevant to that option? Your insights and responses will be highly valuable in progressing forward.

Thank you for considering this opportunity. I am excited about the prospect of working together to make this venture successful and mutually rewarding.

Regards

Syllabus and expedited?

Flying and being a pilot is a learning experience, even I’m 3.5 years in and I’m still learning. Take your time and learn about being a pilot. Lots of accidents occur and lately more so it seems, so having skills and experience is necessary, don’t rush things.

Your expectations and reality might not align. There is a CFI shortage in most parts of the US right now.

OP, what you may not be fully aware of, is that right now, CFIs are generally in very high demand and as busy as they want to be. Therefore, there's really no incentive for a CFI to take the time to fill out your job application and answer your questions. Rather, it takes YOU getting out and finding a CFI at your local airport that you like. Most people, even if they buy a plane, start flying at a local flight school and get to know local CFIs, and proceed from there.

You forgot, you need Cirrus SR 22, preferably a new one.
Yeah this is exactly the clients Cirrus targets too, order a brand new SR22 and take their transition training program which is included free of charge.

But really, today get your medical (first class if you want to do this as career, third class if just for fun), get your study materials for the PPL written exam and schedule that and get that out of the way.

In the meantime, find a local flying club and start taking lessons, minimum 3 times per week, you’ll be solo’ing in a month and potentially have your first license shortly thereafter provided you can find an examiner. After you get your PPL, go for your instrument rating, this one is much more difficult to get and understand as a newbie.

I would train in a club airplane, you don’t want to be putting that wear and tear on your own airplane. Stuff breaks, and it sucks waiting for a mechanic or parts.

Back