Information request

TRC1969

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TRC
After being deferred I got the letter asking for additional information. I sent all that in and now I wait. I sent everything they requested. Can I expect that a decision will be made from that information or should I expect another request for additional information. I guess I’m asking do they use the records I sent them to generate additional questions if they feel it to be necessary?

A lot depends on your situation….but, generally…yes

Wonderful! Although I did send everything they asked for in great detail. They can’t learn anything from the paperwork they didn’t already know from med express.

Y’know how Columbo always keeps saying, “Ah, just one more question, sir...” as he steadily build his case against the guilty party?

Yeah, that.

One thing you can do in the interim….

Call your local Regional Flight Surgeon office and ask for any updates on your case and submissions they can provide.

Staff at the RFS’s have access to the same systems OKC does, but are not as overwhelmed by inquiries as OKC. So they often are willing to fulfill requests of “did my new documents get added to the file?” and “who is doing the review, a very busy doctor or someone else?”

Y’know how Columbo always keeps saying, “Ah, just one more question, sir...” as he steadily build his case against the guilty party?

Yeah, that.
The PoA crowd is one of the few collectives that understand that reference with out resorting to Google.

No so much with the young crowd I have as flight students. I tried referencing James Garner’s Maverick one time and they thought I was talking Tom Cruise.

The PoA crowd is one of the few collectives that understand that reference with out resorting to Google.

No so much with the young crowd I have as flight students. I tried referencing James Garner’s Maverick one time and they thought I was talking Tom Cruise.

You should have referred them to Drs. Kildare, Casey or Welby.

That’s funny..I was just quoting Baretta yesterday. “ If you can’t do the time, then don’t do the crime”. Calling the RFS sounds like a good idea. I’ll give it a couple of weeks to soak them give them a call. I just find it hard to believe that every case gets every page of documentation read by a person qualified to make a fly no fly decision. I would guess everything gets scanned in and then an algorithm looks for key words/phrases and at that point human eyes take a look. What ever method they use I wish they would crank it up a little’

I remember James Garner as "Rockford".

I always wanted a garage that was really part of the house, not some isolated space for storing a car. The only problem is that most of the vehicles I owned in my younger years may have been too much of a hazard to store indoors. Plus, I never had anything to garage as cool as a tricked-out Camaro either.

I remember James Garner as "Rockford".

I always wanted a garage that was really part of the house, not some isolated space for storing a car. The only problem is that most of the vehicles I owned in my younger years may have been too much of a hazard to store indoors.

I think that's still the case for me... :eek: Plus, I think most jurisdictions don't allow it, I remember having to have a fire resistant door between the garage and house when I was a kid (never owned a house with attached garage since then).

Wonderful! Although I did send everything they asked for in great detail. They can’t learn anything from the paperwork they didn’t already know from med express.
Again, depending on the situation, it can be worse. By the time you get the next round of information to them, tests you did for them in the first round can time out, so you have to do those over.

Getting caught in what can be the FAA Medical Branch revolving door is probably the very best reason for professional advice any time you have a difficult medical issue. Those guys know what the FAA will be looking for and how to package it for the best result in the shortest amount of time.

Absolutely correct about the AME advice. I had my consultation prior to my med express. We have all the bases covered but in my case we just had to see what they were going to focus on after my deferral. It wasn’t as bad as it could have been but still kinda crazy. My AME is one of the good ones and he assures me my case is no where near as bad as I thought it was. He said he has handled much more difficult cases. The only thing he had no idea about was time. He said two years ago he could have given me a pretty good estimate but in todays world who knows. He already has a plan for every scenario they may now come up with, which is only one really. We were very thorough with our reply to the request for additional information. It’s painfully slow and quite aggravating but when it’s over I don’t have to worry about anyone ever questioning my history. But damn I want to fly!!!!’

After being deferred I got the letter asking for additional information. I sent all that in and now I wait. I sent everything they requested. Can I expect that a decision will be made from that information or should I expect another request for additional information. I guess I’m asking do they use the records I sent them to generate additional questions if they feel it to be necessary?

Hey just a question, did you have a dr fill out a detailed explanation of the issues at hand, or send a medical record?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a head injury. I visited all the doctors that were involved in my treatment. Each of them either wrote a letter or did some test then wrote a letter saying I was good to go. My AME said to send med express in and see what they ask for. They asked for a lot but not everything. So I guess to answer your question I sent the medical files but only what they asked for. There a several letters from Dr’s explaining the details of the injury. I’ll tell you this. When you go to your Dr and tell them you are wanting to get FAA medical clearance they become very defensive. I had to explain to them over and over that they were not clearing me to fly but simply making a determination as to whether or not I had any lasting issues from my head injury. Ultimately it was a combination of letters from doctors and a lot of medical files.

I had a head injury. I visited all the doctors that were involved in my treatment. Each of them either wrote a letter or did some test then wrote a letter saying I was good to go. My AME said to send med express in and see what they ask for. They asked for a lot but not everything. So I guess to answer your question I sent the medical files but only what they asked for. There a several letters from Dr’s explaining the details of the injury. I’ll tell you this. When you go to your Dr and tell them you are wanting to get FAA medical clearance they become very defensive. I had to explain to them over and over that they were not clearing me to fly but simply making a determination as to whether or not I had any lasting issues from my head injury. Ultimately it was a combination of letters from doctors and a lot of medical files.

Ok yeah that’s what I was wondering. I’ll have them write a letter on the issue and the prognosis. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back