Information about Amelia Earhart's location.

If you look closely, you'll also see Jimmy Hoffa on a waverunner.

Here is the up close 150 ft. altitude image. The location can be studied by anyone with the Google Earth application on your computer. The annotation for the airframe parts are my own subjective interpretation.OronaL10E.jpg

Okay, I'll bite. What are some of the lies that you were taught as history?

Oh, that the U.S. Government treated the Native Americans kindly, that the Founding Fathers were all noble gentlemen opposed to slavery, that Bob Hoover didn't break the sound barrier a few days before Chuck, (want me to keep on going?).

And this is a real face on mars.

pio_med.gif

Oh, that the U.S. Government treated the Native Americans kindly, that the Founding Fathers were all noble gentlemen opposed to slavery, that Bob Hoover didn't break the sound barrier a few days before Chuck, (want me to keep on going?).

When was this? I took US history in high school (11th grade) and again in college in 1998 and 1999, and the displacement and land grab from the Native Americans was discussed rather plainly and without inclination towards rationalization. I don't remember the Trail of Tears being spun as a happy field trip in class. Same thing with the discussions relating to American Slaves not being considered whole humans, let alone citizens. I'm not suggesting our Country is innocent of atrocities or attempting to whitewash shameful events, but this canard about outright active historical revisionism in American high schools sounds like a bullet hole looking for a target to be drawn around it.

When was this? I took US history in high school (11th grade) and again in college in 1998 and 1999, and the displacement and land grab from the Native Americans was discussed rather plainly and without inclination towards rationalization. I don't remember the Trail of Tears being spun as a happy field trip in class. Same thing with the discussions relating to American Slaves not being considered whole humans, let alone citizens. I'm not suggesting our Country is innocent of atrocities or attempting to whitewash shameful events, but this canard about outright active historical revisionism in American high schools sounds like a bullet hole looking for a target to be drawn around it.
I think Jim is older than you and I may be somewhere in between. When I went to school in the late 60s-early 70s, they were starting to talk more about controversial stuff like that. But it may also be regional. I grew up in the suburban northeast.

Please excuse my ignorance, I also have admit that I somehow forgot my sense of humor at home.

Here is the up close 150 ft. altitude image. The location can be studied by anyone with the Google Earth application on your computer. The annotation for the airframe parts are my own subjective interpretation.View attachment 51107

Are you serious or is this supposed to be some kind of ironic joke? :confused:

That pretty much sums it up, there were plenty. I didn't want to start a history war here though but Amelia was deliberately out of history books because she was female and that is unfortunate. If she was in more history books she might've inspired more women to get into Aviation.

That pretty much sums it up, there were plenty. I didn't want to start a history war here though but Amelia was deliberately out of history books because she was female and that is unfortunate. If she was in more history books she might've inspired more women to get into Aviation.

Don't know when or where you took your history, but in Virginia in the late 60's/early 70's, Earhart was mentioned in the Jr. High and High School textbooks.

And if she wasn't mentioned in your history books, how do you know why she wasn't mentioned? Where you working with the school board or Harcourt Brace?

Does this mean it's time for Ric Gillespie to take another all expenses paid vacation to the Pacific?

Don't know when or where you took your history, but in Virginia in the late 60's/early 70's, Earhart was mentioned in the Jr. High and High School textbooks.
I'm pretty sure she was mentioned in elementary school textbooks during that period. Her and Florence Nightingale.

Maybe she was considered irrelevant and outdated by the 90s...

My 5th grade world history book showed the start of WW II, but never told us who won. This was in the mid 60s.

Frankly, I don't understand why would female participation in "pyleting" be a social justice cause in 2017. Giving accolades to present day females for merely being minority participants of a vocation, seems rather patronizing to tell ya the truth. Active obstructionism of female vocational choice may have been a legitimate issue in the days of Earhart, but it certainly isn't today. There are socio-cultural reasons on the part of females for why the professional pilot population will never approach the general population distribution, and there's nothing sinister or conspiratory about it. Let's move the eff on already.

Please excuse my ignorance, I also have admit that I somehow forgot my sense of humor at home.

Are you serious or is this supposed to be some kind of ironic joke? :confused:

There is contagious comedy on this forum, but this is not a joke. Pilots familiar with the L10E can see the symmetrical engines and vertical stabilizers and their relation to the nose and main cabin when they examine the image in detail. My analysis of the airframe uses simple ratio comparisons of measured lengths of the image versus the scaled sketch of the L10E. The ratios match very closely. Orona (Hull Island) was and is a reasonable place to search for the missing aircraft. The Orona theory of disappearance doesn't have to call others liars in order to be plausible. AmeliasL10E.png

If the airplane is all in one piece and supposedly can be seen from Google Earth, it would seem like an easy task for scuba divers to go to that location and find it. But they haven't...

I have a picture of Wilbur and Orville Wright on my wall. Written with a Sharpie are the words "Congratulation Craig, Wilbur and Orville"

Several people have complimented me on the picture or asked when I had them sign it.

Tom, have you made the comparison to any of the many WWII aircraft that may have been in that area or are you using what Scott Adams calls "confirmation bias."

Can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something missing in that picture. :dunno: :rofl:

I have a picture of Wilbur and Orville Wright on my wall. Written with a Sharpie are the words "Congratulation Craig, Wilbur and Orville"

Several people have complimented me on the picture or asked when I had them sign it.

Wait...there's something fishy about that. They didn't have Sharpies in 1903!!! :D:D

If the airplane is all in one piece and supposedly can be seen from Google Earth, it would seem like an easy task for scuba divers to go to that location and find it. But they haven't...

The TIGHAR group has an exclusive agreement with the government of Kiribati to search and research for the aircraft wreckage throughout the vast island nation. My applications to search since 2012 have not been answered. TIGHAR prevents anyone else from getting permits. TIGHAR was informed about the location in 2010 and has always rejected the Orona idea. The CEO there and his image analysis expert says rocks and imagination. You are right about it being an easy task once scuba divers can search.

The TIGHAR group has an exclusive agreement with the government of Kiribati to search and research for the aircraft wreckage throughout the vast island nation. My applications to search since 2012 have not been answered. TIGHAR prevents anyone else from getting permits. TIGHAR was informed about the location in 2010 and has always rejected the Orona idea. The CEO there and his image analysis expert says rocks and imagination. You are right about it being an easy task once scuba divers can search.
Why do you need to say you're searching for anything besides fish?

I'm pretty sure she was mentioned in elementary school textbooks during that period. Her and Florence Nightingale.

Maybe she was considered irrelevant and outdated by the 90s...

Amelia was in the late 80s textbooks for sure. But never saw Bessie anywhere until college level Aviation History. And the Google Doodle the other day.

I like your style. LOL. Who the hell asks to scuba dive somewhere? Of course, you probably don't want to toss up a GoFundMe and advertise what you're doing, which means you get to fund your trip and time out of your own pocket...

Tom, have you made the comparison to any of the many WWII aircraft that may have been in that area or are you using what Scott Adams calls "confirmation bias."

Yes. The most likely WWII craft would be the B25. The analysis method shows that the ratio comparisons do not agree with the B25 drawing. Several knowledgeable pilots have stated it can't be a B25 as the nose is not forward enough from the engine line and the engines are set too close to the cabin. The B25 was of concern as one went missing on flight from Canton to Tutuilla in 1944. 5 MIA. The most telling indicator for me is the position of line AB shown in the image. For a L10E, the line AB from nose to wingtip passes directly through the engine prop hub (F); on the B25 the long extended nose full of guns results in the line passing well in front of the engines/props hubs. The Scripps institute and Bent Prop Group joint Project Recovery Project apparently thinks it is not a missing WWII plane as they never replied to my e-mails concerning the possibility100ftsymmetryL10E.jpg

Image compression artifacts. Nothing more.

Frankly, I don't understand why would female participation in "pyleting" be a social justice cause in 2017. Giving accolades to present day females for merely being minority participants of a vocation, seems rather patronizing to tell ya the truth. Active obstructionism of female vocational choice may have been a legitimate issue in the days of Earhart, but it certainly isn't today. There are socio-cultural reasons on the part of females for why the professional pilot population will never approach the general population distribution, and there's nothing sinister or conspiratory about it. Let's move the eff on already.
yeah really. I am SICK of this constant phony victimization mindset.

Here is a fun test. Go ask a kid in person that has no interest in flying who Amelia Earhart was you will be surprised at the results. I asked 5 kids ages 12,11,15,17 and 18.

The island Orona is part of the PIPA Phoenix Islands Protected Area and is safeguard by both the Kiribati Government and the New England Aquarium. While it might be possible to get in there and search it would be practically impossible to keep it secret, as Denverpilot illustrates with his post above-even if one found nothing. People who venture there without permits are subject to fines. The larger problem is the contract between Kiribati and the TIGHAR group. The TIGHAR folks there are familiar with litigation and threats of litigation if anyone challenges their contractual rights. Entangling the discovery of the airframe with some litigation could mean years of delay through the courts. The TIGHAR group has spent decades and millions in their search and wouldn't give up easily. A properly financed in-sutu investigation by a major aircraft museum or marine archeology group would be hampered by a court fight over rights. Of course, millions would be needed for recovery and restoration. So the best path may be to wait until the Kiribati /TIGHAR contract expires (2020?) such that others would be permitted to search.

I agree they appear to be JPEG type artifacts. Google Earth images are highly compressed. It would be trivial to compare this image to ones from earlier dates and see if the pattern is still there. Also, anyone actually serious about this could charter a photography overflight, or purchase higher resolution uncompressed images from Digitalglobe. If Digitalglobe has not imaged the area already, they can task a satellite to do so. https://www.digitalglobe.com/products/collection-request Last I checked, a new imagery request is less than $50, as long as you are willing to wait from them to slip the job in at a convenient time.

Did they also ask why W&O left the "s" off congratulations?

Back