Indy was a zoo today.

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
Flew a couple of dogs to Indy today. Landed at Eagle Creek and, of course, had lunch at Rick's (and, amazingly, ran into an old high school buddy there who was in town for the race.)

And the airport was a zoo. Not because of the amount of traffic. Sure it was busy, but not outrageously so. But, rather because of all the stoopid sh*t that people were doing. Examples:

I was there for a couple of hours and the banner planes kept crossing back and forth over the airfield at pattern altitude...or within a couple hundred feet of it. Sure they'd announce (I kept my handheld with me the entire time I was on the ground so I could enjoy the stupidity) and sure, they're pretty easy to see since they're pulling a banner...but why? They had no audience there.

Then the skytypers (all 5 or 6) came into a full pattern in formation and, you guessed it, it's overhead break time! I was certainly impressed.

And there were all sorts of other interesting stoopid pilot tricks pulled while I was there.

It was a beautiful day to fly though and two more dogs have a new lease on life!

I could just do without all the displays of testosterone on a day where there's so many planes in the sky that it's dangerous enough even if everyone is playing by the rules.

Eyes were wide open...and then some...

Last edited:
Flew a couple of dogs to Indy today. Landed at Eagle Creek and, of course, had lunch at Rick's (and, amazingly, ran into an old high school buddy there who was in town for the race.)

And the airport was a zoo. Not because of the amount of traffic. Sure it was busy, but not outrageously so. But, rather because of all the stoopid sh*t that people were doing. Examples:

I was there for a couple of hours and the banner planes kept crossing back and forth over the airfield at pattern altitude...or within a couple hundred feet of it. Sure they'd announce (I kept my handheld with me the entire time I was on the ground so I could enjoy the stupidity) and sure, they're pretty easy to see since they're pulling a banner...but why? They had no audience there.

Then the skytypers (all 5 or 6) came into a full pattern in formation and, you guessed it, it's overhead break time! I was certainly impressed.

And there were all sorts of other interesting stoopid pilot tricks pulled while I was there.

It was a beautiful day to fly though and two more dogs have a new lease on life!

I could just do without all the displays of testosterone on a day where there's so many planes in the sky that it's dangerous enough even if everyone is playing by the rules.

Eyes were wide open...and then some...

Thanks for saving the dogs...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JQF (Concord regional aka NASCAR International) was a nonstop zoo yesterday, the 'big race' is in town this weekend.

Glad I kept my plane in the hangar.

You only had two dogs, Tim. You need a zebra to make it a zoo!

(Thanks for doing the puppy saving thing!)

Back