Independent CFI Insurance

The independent cfi and airport manager know each other very well. The amount of animosity between them is incredible.

How would the airport manager know if instruction was being given? I invite the cfi to go flying with me. He accepts and just happens to sign my log book after the flight.

All good until the airport manage trespasses your CFI off the airport, which he can do.

I just talked to Avemco and they will not add the airport as an additional insured. Their explanation is that the non-owner policy is a liability policy. The additional insured would only be applicable on an owner policy. Not sure I completely understood what he was trying to convey but oh well. Not like I'm trying to get training from the dude. Just trying to help him out. If this is something that is truly unobtainable I don't think it's right for a public airport (receiving federal grants) to require it. Puts him out of business quickly (which I'm sure was the goal) but it still isn't right.

I just talked to Avemco and they will not add the airport as an additional insured. Their explanation is that the non-owner policy is a liability policy. The additional insured would only be applicable on an owner policy. Not sure I completely understood what he was trying to convey but oh well. Not like I'm trying to get training from the dude. Just trying to help him out. If this is something that is truly unobtainable I don't think it's right for a public airport (receiving federal grants) to require it. Puts him out of business quickly (which I'm sure was the goal) but it still isn't right.
It’s not unobtainable, it’s unobtainable in a non-owned aircraft liability policy. As previously stated, it’s pretty standard for an aviation business insurance policy.

That’s because few pilots understand anything about airport management.

Back