Votes: 31 20.5%
  • 90's

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • 00's? is that a thing?

Votes: 21 13.9%
  • 10's.

Votes: 8 5.3%

• Total voters
Started in 81. Graduated with BS in General Engineering (a little of everything but no specific field) in 85 and commissioned in Army at the same time. Ended up medically retired from Army in 2003 due non-combat injuries. Never went for additional degrees. I was never a huge fan of school and preferred working over sitting and listening to someone lecture. Been working in corporate world for last 14+ years. Looking to retire in 2-3 years.

As for English Majors, that is what my older daughter has. Graduated 2014 and now making $50K plus as Manager of Digital Publishing for small company...which is a bit more than her husband who has an IT degree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I think it came up before we had some overlap in Germany. I actually started after I got out, although I had two years worth of a useless AA degree under my belt. No it isn't listed on my resume. I actually decided to enlist in the Army with a two year degree, because at the time they had a direct commissioning program that would allow me to get my butter bars on the condition that I made the next two years up while I was in service. I decided not to follow up on that, rode out my enlistment, and opted for the college fund and ETS'd as an E5. Which was actually pretty good back then. Most guys in that era didn't make E5 until their second enlistment unless they were involved with Grenada.

Yeah I think it came up before we had some overlap in Germany. I actually started after I got out, although I had two years worth of a useless AA degree under my belt. No it isn't listed on my resume. I actually decided to enlist in the Army with a two year degree, because at the time they had a direct commissioning program that would allow me to get my butter bars on the condition that I made the next two years up while I was in service. I decided not to follow up on that, rode out my enlistment, and opted for the college fund and ETS'd as an E5. Which was actually pretty good back then. Most guys in that era didn't make E5 until their second enlistment unless they were involved with Grenada.

I have two good friends, both commissioned with AA degrees. They were at Cameron University in Lawton following FAOAC doing the Degree Completion program. They were both prior service OCS guys. I thought that was a pretty good gig. Drawing Captain’s pay going to school for 2.5 years (6 month Advance Course).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back