In to Canada! What do ya need from me, EH!?

Not sure where to come back in yet.. Any ideas?

I used Cut Bank MT. I was coming south from Edmunton to SLC and LAS.
File eApis, get your confirmation email and then call CBP at the given number. Confirm they can support your timeframe. They have to drive up from the border crossing for I-15.

I ended up spending the night in Helena, to much smoke to keep going. Ended up leaving the next day and was IFR in smoke before Pocatello.

I've been told that any returns in the Puget Sound area is a nightmare. I thought of Spokane WA, but I was already east of the mountains.

Thanks! So basically, I need to call the US CBP office at my airport of entry after filing eAPIS and prior to departing Canada and they will inform me as to what I will need to do.

How long do those guys make you wait in the airplanes?

I was about 15 min early landing at Cut Bank MT. I called CBP from my cell and they confirmed the agent was on the way and reminded me to not leave the aircraft. I told them, I would not, but I was opening the door because of the heat. They said no problem. The agent showed up in about 10 min.

Avoid Kalispell...

I actually have some friends near Kalispell, up in Whitefish. Are you talking about the airport in Kalispell or Glacier Park International? What was the issue you had?

I was about 15 min early landing at Cut Bank MT. I called CBP from my cell and they confirmed the agent was on the way and reminded me to not leave the aircraft. I told them, I would not, but I was opening the door because of the heat. They said no problem. The agent showed up in about 10 min.

That's good to hear.

I actually have some friends near Kalispell, up in Whitefish. Are you talking about the airport in Kalispell or Glacier Park International? What was the issue you had?
I was talking about KGPI, Glacier Park International. Does the other one have customs? This is a secondhand report from another crew on the airplane I fly, but they said the customs agent was unusually thorough, taking all the passengers into the office. Usually everyone stays on the airplane. He also made them throw out all the limes and had one of the pilots cut up the cherry tomatoes in half to see if there were any bugs (?) inside. I think they decided to trash all the cherry tomatoes too since the passengers said they didn't care. Anyway, most places are not so nitpicky about catering when it's coming from Canada. The limes and tomatoes probably didn't originate in Canada to begin with. Maybe not such a big deal but it's annoying when each customs agent has their own pet agenda about certain things.

I was talking about KGPI, Glacier Park International. Does the other one have customs? This is a secondhand report from another crew on the airplane I fly, but they said the customs agent was unusually thorough, taking all the passengers into the office. Usually everyone stays on the airplane. He also made them throw out all the limes and had one of the pilots cut up the cherry tomatoes in half to see if there were any bugs (?) inside. I think they decided to trash all the cherry tomatoes too since the passengers said they didn't care. Anyway, most places are not so nitpicky about catering when it's coming from Canada. The limes and tomatoes probably didn't originate in Canada to begin with. Maybe not such a big deal but it's annoying when each customs agent has their own pet agenda about certain things.

Especially when they pull their personal agenda off in front of clients who can afford chartering a very nice private jet...:redface::redface::(...

I guess I should have looked at the list. Looks like Glacier is the only option there.

Was this a small GA plane or something large and extravagant?

I have flown in there before commercially. My guess is because that airport is not very busy, they needed something to do. :dunno: Maybe I will try it without the Limes and the Coconuts. ;) I do know they are gun friendly around there and as long as I don't get arrested bringing a survival rifle into Canada, that could be a good way back into the states?

So if you land in the US and can't exit the plane until customs shows up What do you do on a really windy day when you want to get the plane tied down as soon as possible esp if you are parked in a way that is counter to the wind?

Hey now, limes are important. What would they have with their Tequila?

Back