In the waiting with some questions.

Logan54

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Logan
Alright, first and foremost I’ve already seen my AME, med got deferred to Oklahoma City(Yay). I was deferred due to the use of an SSRI(Zoloft), I was on the medication for roughly ten months before discontinuing on my own accord with my doctors approval. I was on the medication due to some situational anxiety related to the loss of both grandparents, as well as my father being in a traumatic work accident, and the loss of my uncle all within fourteen months. I’ve turned in all treatment records as well as a favorable letter from my treating physician who’s not a psychiatrist. Anyhow, my medical was submitted To the FAA about three weeks ago. This leads me to some questions, does this put me on SSRI decision path one or two? How long can I expect to wait to hear back from the FAA(I know a very subjective question)? And lastly should I expect any further testing to be necessary due to the very situational nature of my case? Thanks!

Despite the publication of Path I, the FAA has seems to have been raking pilots with any history of SSRI through needless neuropsych evals. These transient situational things ought to be no brainers otherwise. Shame on physicians for randomly pitching SSRIs out on a "take this and see if it helps basis."

My AME actually said that it’s likely that I get a regular issuance. So I’m optimistic to what he says!

Despite the publication of Path I, the FAA has seems to have been raking pilots with any history of SSRI through needless neuropsych evals. These transient situational things ought to be no brainers otherwise. Shame on physicians for randomly pitching SSRIs out on a "take this and see if it helps basis."
Can confirm.

haven't the neuropsychological evaluations for SSRIs been done away with?

haven't the neuropsychological evaluations for SSRIs been done away with?
Not to my knowledge. They did away with them for certain ADHD certifications (ADHD, off meds for four years, no other psych conditions).

Back