In the path of Typhoon Chanchu

gismo

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iGismo
I'm in China on business and it looks like the typhoon is trying to mess up my schedule. Right now I'm in Shenzhen near Hong Kong and the storm is supposed to reach landfall near here tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be in Shanghi by then and miss the brunt of it. Then I've got to worry about it making it up to that area in time to mess with my departure for home on Friday.

I sure wish I had my plane over here (and the US GA infrastructure to go with it). Today I spent something like 4 hours in a cramped taxi and two hours on a ferry plus one hour on a train just to get to one customer for a two hour visit.

Good luck. CNN International here in Germany is currently predicting a shift to the NNE in the path, so Hong Kong won't get center punched. Hope you get out and up to Shanghai (and out of there in time). Have fun standing in line at the Shanghai airport waiting to clear immigration on the way OUT. BTDT, twice. Probably again in August. :dunno:

If you can make to Shanghai I expect you will not have anymore problems. I have been a couple of Typhoons in Asia (most Korea) and as long as I could get out before Narita and the other airports were all running fine. Are you leaving back to the US from Shanghai to Narita or straight back?

smigaldi said:
If you can make to Shanghai I expect you will not have anymore problems. I have been a couple of Typhoons in Asia (most Korea) and as long as I could get out before Narita and the other airports were all running fine. Are you leaving back to the US from Shanghai to Narita or straight back?

Shanghai to Narita then MSP. This morning there's a little rain but no significant wind. The news says emergency preparations are being made for the coming storm, but I haven't seen any of that. I've found it difficult to get much info on the storm here, but what I have heard says it's not a very nasty typhoon.

Back