In the ATL area next week?

infotango

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
rob!
I'm heading down to ATL next week, and I'll be around for a week or so, I'd love to meet up with the local Georgia pilots. Last time I was in town, Lance and his friend David(?) met me at PDK for some food and BS. I had a great time!
I'd love to meet up if anybody will be around.
Rob

Rob, I'm game. What part of town will you be staying in?

It would be great to link up with Lance as well since I missed out on yesterday.

Ken

I'll be in Alpharetta (north of Atlanta) next week, flying in Monday the 9th in the evening. Will be in classes all day Tue/Wed/Thu, flying out Thursday night. Lance and I were talking about getting together Tue or Wed night.

I do have a question, though, for you local folks in the ATL area. The driving directions from Atlanta Hartsfield to Alpharetta put me on GA-400N, which Google Maps shows as a "partial toll road". What are the fees, will they take a credit card (or do I need to make sure I have cash for that, too), or do the Hertz rent-a-cars have toll-tags?

Last edited:
I'll be in Alpharetta (north of Atlanta) next week, flying in Monday the 9th in the evening. Will be in classes all day Tue/Wed/Thu, flying out Thursday night. Lance and I were talking about getting together Tue or Wed night.

I do have a question, though, for you local folks in the ATL area. The driving directions from Atlanta Hartsfield to Alpharetta put me on GA-400N, which Google Maps shows as a "partial toll road". What are the fees, will they take a credit card (or do I need to make sure I have cash for that, too), or do the Hertz rent-a-cars have toll-tags?
Troy,

Tolls are fifty cents for a two-axle vehicle. Should you be driving something larger, it's fifty cents per axle after that. Be sure to have change on board. There are booths to give change but those are backed up the most.

I've never heard of anything but rented limos having a cruise card. If you come to town often, it's easier to get a cruise card but it has to be tied to a specific vehicle.

Which part of Alpharetta are you going to? Just a major intersection. Google has been known to send someone the long way.

Ken

Troy,

Tolls are fifty cents for a two-axle vehicle. Should you be driving something larger, it's fifty cents per axle after that. Be sure to have change on board. There are booths to give change but those are backed up the most.

I've never heard of anything but rented limos having a cruise card. If you come to town often, it's easier to get a cruise card but it has to be tied to a specific vehicle.

Which part of Alpharetta are you going to? Just a major intersection. Google has been known to send someone the long way.

Ken

Thanks, Ken. Is that 50 cents once, or at multiple toll stops?

My training is just south of the mall, off the east side of GA-400; I'm staying just north of there, at the Marriott Alpharetta.

Thanks, Ken. Is that 50 cents once, or at multiple toll stops?

My training is just south of the mall, off the east side of GA-400; I'm staying just north of there, at the Marriott Alpharetta.
Only one toll. It sits between Buckhead and I-285. That's the only section that charges. The remaining sections of 400 are "free."

All of it would have been free a long time ago had the previous administration and state legislature not been draining funds off the toll receipts. It's amazing what kind of information an independent, outside audit can produce!

I think I know what set of buildings you'll be in. I've been in both several times. One time, I came out of one and a soda/candy vending truck was out there to stock machines in the building. I joked with the guy, "I'm not sure which truck I'd rather hi-jack. Yours or the fuel tanker down the road?" I think he was actually worried I might hi-jack a candy truck. :)

I'd suggest Tuesday night. I have to fly to Dallas Wednesday, so I hope Tuesday is OK. If everyone wants an airport destination, I'd suggest the Downwind at PDK. Otherwise, there are thousands of restaurants in the Alpharetta area.

I'd suggest Tuesday night. I have to fly to Dallas Wednesday, so I hope Tuesday is OK. If everyone wants an airport destination, I'd suggest the Downwind at PDK. Otherwise, there are thousands of restaurants in the Alpharetta area.

Alpharetta is ver convienient for me...

I vote for Tuesday evening April 10. Flying Machine at LZU or Downwind at PDK or any restaurant in Alpharetta area.

Tuesday evening of this week would work for me.
I should have specified:
I'm in ATL from today (April 2) until next Sunday. This is a very last minute trip, sorry if I didn't make that clearer.
I'll be staying in the Sandy Springs area, and I'll can't why I wouldn't be able to borrow a car. I'd love to go flying if anybody is around!

Tuesday sounds great for me. Then with my luck, I'd end up finishing the day out in Athens or Winder. :rolleyes:

Y'all decide where. Downwind works well. They have things around there to get high in!

:goofy:

I should have specified:
I'm in ATL from today (April 2) until next Sunday. This is a very last minute trip, sorry if I didn't make that clearer.
I'll be staying in the Sandy Springs area, and I'll can't why I wouldn't be able to borrow a car. I'd love to go flying if anybody is around!

I thought I might be able to drip down Saturday for lunch and a flight, but all planes are booked. :(

I should have specified:

Tuesday evening not happenning?

Tuesday the 10th works for me, after class. I'll have a car, supposedly with GPS navigation. Tell me where and when to be, taking into count after-work traffic from Alpharetta.

Seems like we got our weeks crossed a bit. This Tuesday ain't gonna happen because it's over in a few hours. Sounds like Troy and I and hopefully Henning are on for next Tuesday the 10th. Anybody else that could make it would be very welcome. Dining site still TBD.

I'll give Rob a call and see if anything else can happen sooner. Apparently this is his lucky week to be in the ATL.

Seems like we got our weeks crossed a bit. This Tuesday ain't gonna happen because it's over in a few hours. Sounds like Troy and I and hopefully Henning are on for next Tuesday the 10th. Anybody else that could make it would be very welcome. Dining site still TBD.

I'll give Rob a call and see if anything else can happen sooner. Apparently this is his lucky week to be in the ATL.
It is indeed Lance.
I'm sorry for the confusion, but this trip ended up happening very close to the departure date.
Give me a ring, and I'll try to post, we should be able to coordinate something.
I'd love to meet up with Henning, Kenny, Troy, Bill or who ever else is in or near PDK.
R

Back