In need of a vacuum pump

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
Need a vacuum pump, what’s the opinion of POA?

1. Overhaul the failed one
2. Get a new dry vacuum
3. Get a wet vacuum

What on earth is wet vacuum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's it fit?

Engine driven , O 360, pardon my ignorance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted about the airwolf wet vacuum pump on other thread. A dry pump is good for about 600 hours. A *really* good dry vacuum pump is good for about 1,000 hours. An oil lubricated vacuum pump is good for a couple thousand hours.

With your G5 I would personally swap yours out for an O/H'ed one. It literally just drives your autopilot. The chance of an AHRS failure the exact same moment of a vaccuum failure has to be infinitesimal. Even when you get your IFR, stay current enough hand flying that an autopilot failure isn't an emergency.

With your G5 I would personally swap yours out for an O/H'ed one. It literally just drives your autopilot. The chance of an AHRS failure the exact same moment of a vaccuum failure has to be infinitesimal. Even when you get your IFR, stay current enough hand flying that an autopilot failure isn't an emergency.
yah, that what i am thinking. both the G5s have to fail along with the engine driven pump and electric backup pump.. chances of that happening is pretty muck nil, if its that bad of a day.. i am sure i will have other stuff to worry about.
eventually i will get rid of the vacuum system, dont think i would like to invest 2k in this.

anyone has any experience with tempest 3000 series? not sure if it will fit, just browsing rt now. i see the overhaul price is about $200 - $250, this one new is $389 http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/tornado3000_1.php?recfer=6569

If you go to their website( www.tempestplus.com ) you can get the application list for those pumps. I like that they have an indicator port and you can check the status hopefully before it fails.

20140625_142806.jpg 20140628_191401.jpg 20140624_162125.jpg Get a sigma tek. they are built way better with a metal vane holder and vanes that are strong like carbon fiber. compare that to the fragile carbon like pencil lead vane holder and vanes in a different brand such as rapco.

1st 2 pics are sigma tek. last one rapco.

Old Pesco wet pump, many go 10,000 hours no problems. they will pull -7 " Hq all day long.

Attachments

• P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 18
Back