In-N-Out

Probably because In-n-Out is just potato, salt and oil while most other fries has a ton of other ingredients/chemicals added.
Lol, "other chemicals". They just aren't seasoned that well. Fresh cut fries have better flavor anyway.

Actually...not LoL. McD fries are indeed pretty juiced up with chemicals...including beef flavoring...they ARE damned good though. I agree they're the best, chemicals or no chemicals.

From their website:

Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk Derivatives]*, Citric Acid [Preservative], Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color), Salt. Prepared in Vegetable Oil: Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil with TBHQ and Citric Acid added to preserve freshness. Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent. Contains: Wheat and Milk. *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients.

Okay? So the basically have a bunch of different frying oils/preservatives and some salt/beef seasoning. Big deal. As I mentioned, fresh cut fries with nothing but seasoned salt are my favorite. It doesn't take a bunch of chemicals to make good french fries, unless by "chemicals" we're going to list out every ingredient in the seasoning mix.

Any traffic in the pattern at KLWC (Lawrence, KS) should stop downtown at a place called the Casbah. They have a good beer selection, and their burgers are great. You also have your choice of fries fixed up about ten different ways. Their duck-fat fries are great, and the parmesan/truffle fries are really good, too.

http://www.burgerstandrestaurants.com/menu/

Back