Important book question

Bride767

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Boeing747
Hello friends!

I would like to have your opinion about a Book. Gleim for ATP it is good for general knowledges ? Not just for the written test but in general.

I ask you this question because for my private and commercial, I saw in the gleim book some notions in aerodynamics and weather for example which have not been covered.

A last question, The FAA official books on their website are they enough to cover Private, Commercial and ATP ?

Thank you so much :)

Bride

To answer second question, FAA materials are adequate for private and commercial. I’m not an ATP, so can’t answer that.

Thank you Walboy for your reply.

I wait some other opinion :)

Gleim is for passing the written test.
Yes, but which book covers at the same time Private, Commercial and ATP ?

Yes Gleim is only for the written but is notre enough for everything

Yes, but which book covers at the same time Private, Commercial and ATP ?
I'm not sure I understand. I am not aware of a single knowledge test guide that covers all three at the same time. I'm not sure why a student pilot learning in a 152 needs to have ATP level knowledge to answer a question like, the requirements to fly a SIAP or how an inertial separator works.

Can you be more specific in what you are trying to accomplish?

I'm not sure I understand. I am not aware of a single knowledge test guide that covers all three at the same time. I'm not sure why a student pilot learning in a 152 needs to have ATP level knowledge to answer a question like, the requirements to fly a SIAP or how an inertial separator works.

Can you be more specific in what you are trying to accomplish?
I spoke with a friend about different books for the written test and the oral... for exemple ASA or gleim have a book for each certificate.

My question is : Is there one book that covers everything, like private, commercial and ATP + Oral. Just one book to to have all informations. That's why I said previously if the Faa aeronautical knowledges represents everything.

Thank you Midlifeflyer ;)

I spoke with a friend about different books for the written test and the oral... for exemple ASA or gleim have a book for each certificate.

My question is : Is there one book that covers everything, like private, commercial and ATP + Oral. Just one book to to have all informations. That's why I said previously if the Faa aeronautical knowledges represents everything.

Thank you Midlifeflyer ;)
No, there is no one book that covers everything you have to know for every FAA certificate and rating.

I'm trying to think of an avocation or vocation in or out of aviation where that would be the case. I can't.

No, there is no one book that covers everything you have to know for every FAA certificate and rating.

I'm trying to think of an avocation or vocation in or out of aviation where that would be the case. I can't.
Thank you Midlife for your reply. I will start my ATP ( I think with Gleim)

Last edited:
Back