I'm off

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Hey all,
I am heading up to Topeka, KS tonight to stay the night. I have a flight leaving tomorrow from Kansas City and I will be landing in San Antonio to start my Air Force Basic Training.

I won't be able to post for probably about 2 months or so, but as soon as I can I will update everyone on how I'm doing.

Take Care and Fly Safe,

Good luck on your AF flying career, Rudy!

I was at a fly-in in Tx over the weekend and a T-1 and a T-6 II were on display from Randolph. At noon each day a couple of T-38's made formation fly-bys.

Maybe you could work a couple of fly-ins (OSH, Sun n Fun, etc) into your training schedule? :)

Thanks for making the commitment.

Hey all,
I am heading up to Topeka, KS tonight to stay the night. I have a flight leaving tomorrow from Kansas City and I will be landing in San Antonio to start my Air Force Basic Training.

I won't be able to post for probably about 2 months or so, but as soon as I can I will update everyone on how I'm doing.

Take Care and Fly Safe,
Good luck Rudy! This is such a fantastic opportunity for you! We will miss you at Gaston's, as well as here on the forum.

Keep us posted when you can!

Rudy:

Best of luck! I don't guess the USAF provides tie-down space for the 140, do they?

Be safe!

/s/ Spike

Rudy,

Be faithful to the honor of those who have preceded you. Be faithful to the words you will take an oath to defend. Be faithful to your own honor and integrity. Best Wishes in all you choose to accomplish.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck and best wishes, Rudy.

Boot camp ... "it isn't the Boy Scouts, but with the right attitude, it's not that hard" to quote my brother-in-law, who is an Air Force Senior Master Sergeant. Even the Navy boot camp was not that hard, but thirty years ago may have softened the memory a bit.

I will be landing in San Antonio to start my Air Force Basic Training.

Good luck, Rudy, enjoy basic. Some of it will suck, some of it will keep you laughing the rest of your life. Good stuff.

Good luck with it, Rudy - and remember, it's like eating an elephant. You do it one bite at a time. ;)

Hey all,

Take Care and Fly Safe,

Take care and enjoy the experience. You'll never be the same.

Be sure to send us photos of your airman's tan after graduation ;)

(Edit: Here's my grad pic, standing outside the BX. Note the various color shades, and of course, the "Lackland Laser" in the lower right.)

Attachments

• lacklandgrad.jpg
    lacklandgrad.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Take our best wishes with you Rudy. We'll expect Jim to keep us all updated on your progress.

Thank you for serving, Rudy, and whatever you do, NEVER VOLUNTEER for anything!!:no: :rofl: . It is just a mind game, all for perfectly good reasons. You passed your ASEL, you can make this a great learning experience too.

Bravo Zulu.

Jim

GOod luck, Rudy. If you get to join with the recruits that go to the SA MIssions minor league ballgames, let me know. If it's one of the nights I'm attending, the dogs and drinks are on me.

Back