Im not showing on FAA Airmen Inquiry?

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
I recieved my PPL July 15th of this year so a month and 6 days ago, when i search for my name on the FAA inquiry i dont show up, is it too early? Or does it not show up because im under 18?

I'm thinking it's too early. Mine didn't show up for some time.

Ok thanks, ill keep checking, i heard when it shows your permanent license has been sent out, can anyone comfirm this?

There's a place on the FAA Airman Registry web page where you can see what application date they're up to in their processing.

Also, as your examiner should have told you, it's going to be a couple of months before you see anything there or in your mailbox. Sweat not unless you get to within 30 days of the expiration of your Temporary, and if that happens, contact the examiner for further advice.

Thx Ron, examiner told me 8 weeks til the permanent license arrives, just didnt know how soon it would show online.

It's too early. I took my Commercial ride in June and I just got my certificate a few weeks ago. No worries, just be patient.

I was listed as a Student until a few weeks after my checkride and my plastic card showed up a couple weeks after that.

You should show up as a student since passing the medical

Lucky you. I've been trying for over ten years to get the FAA to obey federal law and stop publishing my sensitive information.

We are talking about the federal govt. it will come in time.

If you requested for your address to be blocked, you will only show up if the 'state' search field is left blank.

as is typical in most govt listings you may or may not find it when you use logical search criteria. I've had a pilot and mechanic certificate since the 80s and I don't show either....unless I look only under my last name. Any other info used will cause it to not find anything. Using my last name only doesn't always work either. So good luck to you in your search and be glad if you can't find it. That means there will be less spam coming your way as well.

Frank

Lucky you. I've been trying for over ten years to get the FAA to obey federal law and stop publishing my sensitive information.

All it took was one email from me for them to remove my address.

All it took was one email from me for them to remove my address.

The address they will do. The LAW says you can opt out of ALL information being shown. The FAA refuses to acknowledge this. Your personal medical information continues to be shown (which in fact, they don't have a PA exemption like they do for your pilot certificate).

It's going to take a FEDERAL COURT action to force this issue which I don't currently have the resources for. Perhaps when I retire in a couple of years.

I did get NIGHT fixed at least.

Flying B already beat me to it, that link will show you what they are currently working on. Once your checkride date shows up there, you should get your plastic license within a week or two.

As for the airmen DB, I never showed up as a student or private pilot. I'll have to try the no-state search to see whether that trick will do it.
UPDATE: Searching with the state left blank still did not return my name. :) Yay government databases!

Last edited:
You'll know when you went live in the registry by the sudden spike in junk mail from AOPA, Avemco, and $porty's.....

I just ran across a guy who took his checkride the same time I did, July 9th. He's gotten his and I haven't so go figure.

If your temporary is getting close to expiring, go to the FSDO and get it renewed. Fate makes it such that once I did that my certificate was waiting in the incoming mail when I got back :)

On the other hand, I have no problem finding deceased pilots in the registry. But for the most part, their medicals have expired. Apparently they are now flying LSAs.

Back