I'm New

timrb

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
I can't think of anything useful to say, so let me just get all this crap out of the way first:

1) There's no difference between "license" and "certificate".
2) I slip with flaps.
3) I do not use a metal landing calculator.
4) I know how to spell "hangar".
5) I'm too old for a flying career.
6) Low wing is better than high wing.

This is a very friendly forum. I didn't have to actually register, because it bought my registration from some other forum.

Edit: Now this is interesting. It thinks this is my second post. Go figure.

Tim

man that 'landing calculator' just aint goin away any time soon lol.

welcome. and yes, #6 is clearly correct.

The thing about these forum, is that they bid for registrations from other forums. It's a vicious business model I tell you.

Welcome,with your post you should generate a great amount of response's.

Just be ware that the grammar Nazis, may be on you for punctuational errors. By the way, where are you at?

Welcome aboard.

I agree about the low wing vs. High wing.
When I fly, I fly low wing but when I chair fly at home, it is always high wing.
The view is just better.

High wing or low wing?

Ultra_Dry_with_Wings.jpg

Just be ware that the grammar Nazis, may be on you for punctuational errors. By the way, where are you at?

Nice. I'll give this to my students in September to see how many they catch.

The most famous story about ending a sentence with a preposition is supposedly Casey Stengel who came charging out of the dugout, got his face right in the umpire's mask and yelled "Where was that pitch at." The umpire drew himself up to full height and said, "Mr. Stengel, we do NOT end our sentences with a preposition." Without missing a heartbeat, Stengel yelled back, "Well, then, where was that pitch at, a$$#0!e." Early shower.

Jim

I can't think of anything useful to say, so let me just get all this crap out of the way first:

2) I slip with flaps.

This is a very friendly forum. I didn't have to actually register, because it bought my registration from some other forum.

Tim

As a new guy then you surely know your list will be questioned:

1. pilots are certified, typed, and endorsed - not licensed
2. slip to landing is always done with flaps, otherwise why bother
3. the IFR vertical descent speed to land for 3 degres pitch is VS = 5.3 x TAS
4. spelling 'hangar' is not required on the FAA checkride
5. but not too old to fly for fun?
6. better? how?

Yes. This is a friendly, easy to use board.

I welcome grammar nazis. I try very hard to post in correct, standard English, so if I make a mistake someone might as well tell me about it. (Okay, here it comes...)

I fly out of Watsonville, CA.

Tim

We have never merged accounts from some other forum here. If you had an account here then you made it back in 2008 and forgot. Either that or someone else made it and you just happened to use the same password they used (unlikely).

I guess that's a clue as to which forum bootlegged me into this one. Unfortunately, I can't find it. Truth be told, I can't even remember 2008.

Tim

I can't even remember what I posted yesterday.

(Oh, and the content of anything I post past 6:30 p.m. PST should be disregarded)

We have never merged accounts from some other forum here. If you had an account here then you made it back in 2008 and forgot.

That makes sense. A good clue is that there is an entry for "Home Airfield" in my "About Me" page. That wouldn't have carried over from any of the other forums I visit. Sorry I haven't been posting--don't know why I registered and then left.

Tim

(Oh, and the content of anything I post past 6:30 p.m. PST should be disregarded)

Same, and the later the post, the more it should be disregarded.
After 11, that submit button should just be a delete button.

Just remember, eight hours bottle to throttle.

Unless you are a flight instructor, in which case you must be absolutely perfect all the time. Because, you know, students are watching you. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same, and the later the post, the more it should be disregarded.
After 11, that submit button should just be a delete button.

Oh, so you and a Sac are telling me that I'm not the only one who thinks there is a good reason that there are 24 cans in a case of beer and 24 hours in a day?

That makes sense. A good clue is that there is an entry for "Home Airfield" in my "About Me" page. That wouldn't have carried over from any of the other forums I visit. Sorry I haven't been posting--don't know why I registered and then left.

Tim

Welcome back.

Learn to read between posts, and to leave threads when they bog down in esoterica.

Some people live to demonstrate the depth of their knowledge of minutia of the FARs, and will quote section, paragraph and number [as if we will all go look it up].

Too much fussing, not enough flying.

2) I slip with flaps.

Tim

Um...

Tailwheel vs Nose dragger?
Stick vs Yoke??
Lean forward???
LOP vs ROP???

You've left out SO much!!

2) I slip with flaps.

Tim

3. No one is perfect.

As far as the forum goes...."fat i mirë"

Tim

There should be no comma after the word "register".

Back