I'm bored

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I'm jumping on the bike, and I'm headed out of town. Don't know where....maybe I'll hit some of y'all up when I get somewhere......I know i'm leaving New Mexico at least.

You won't be hitting us up here in the Frozen North on your ride. Even the wing is sidelined 'till spring.

high today is around 0 degF. see you when you get here.

I thought you had a business trip coming up. Oh well, if you can drop in where I am on your bike, you've got a better bike than we've ever heard of. :D

And if you try to stop by when I get home next week, I hope you've got good rain gear. :D :D

love it, I'm lost somewhere in new mexico....and its everything I hoped it could be! except I can't feel my ass (I need a more comfortable seat).

rather than leave new mexico, I just decided to take random state roads to the middle of nowhere. needed a rest. back to the road.

love it, I'm lost somewhere in new mexico....and its everything I hoped it could be! except I can't feel my ass (I need a more comfortable seat).

rather than leave new mexico, I just decided to take random state roads to the middle of nowhere. needed a rest. back to the road.
I did that a lot when I lived there. There are some great out of the way places. Little towns every few hundred miles with cool little bars or places to see. Just do not forget to get fuel and water whenever you can.

That what I do. (in a car). It's nicer doing a zig-zag when you have the Garmin to tell you where you are and what direction you're heading, with a "home" button when you decide to head back.

greetings from cloudcroft, NM. balmy 51 degrees. no feeling below my waist. I'm alive right now. time to turn back :(

greetings from cloudcroft, NM. balmy 51 degrees. no feeling below my waist. I'm alive right now. time to turn back :(
Pain is just weakness leaving the body. You said you were bored and wanted to leave NM. I suggest you explore the outer boundaries of your discontent. IOW, let's ride!

Back in the 'Burque. Man, that was one hell of a trip, I gotta do this more often. Had so much fun, pushed my limits a bit, and learned quite a bit as well. Wind sucks at 40-50 mph in the city....wind sucks WAAAAAAY more at a sustained 90mph in the middle of the mountains.

Highway riding ain't so bad, you just gotta be alert and be ready to move, NOW. I had two cases today where delayed reaction would have probably meant my death....so I now realize what that means.

I also learned that it is wise to drink a lot of water. I was so dehydrated by the time I got back to Albuquerque...

So - when is this motorcycle gathering again?

Back in the 'Burque. Man, that was one hell of a trip, I gotta do this more often. Had so much fun, pushed my limits a bit, and learned quite a bit as well. Wind sucks at 40-50 mph in the city....wind sucks WAAAAAAY more at a sustained 90mph in the middle of the mountains.

Highway riding ain't so bad, you just gotta be alert and be ready to move, NOW. I had two cases today where delayed reaction would have probably meant my death....so I now realize what that means.

I also learned that it is wise to drink a lot of water. I was so dehydrated by the time I got back to Albuquerque...

Nick -- what are you wearing for gear?

Cheers,

-Andrew

Nick -- what are you wearing for gear?

I pray to God (or whoever!) that he's wearing more than this:

Ride-naked-md.jpg

Ya shoulda came by here, you could have bought me lunch:yes:

Such rides are a real blast. Read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" if you haven't already. You'll enjoy it.

Next time, feel free to ride on over to IPT. :)

Back