I'm an airplane owner!!!!!

TexasAviation

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TexasAviation
I vote for an 'n' day ban from PoA for @TexasAviation where n = the # of days until he posts pics of his new-to-him plane.

So to avoid a ban, here are the pictures of my Cherokee 180.

N4772L-1.jpg

N4772L-2.jpg

N4772L-3.jpg

N4772L-4.jpg

N4772L-5.jpg

Sweet! I feel like I saw this somewhere on Facebook or something

I posted it to the "Flying Friends" Facebook group and got a gazillion likes. :) Guess it's always fun when somebody new joins the airplane owners club.

OUTSTANDING!!! Great looking plane, you will love it! I love my Cherokee!

Looks like a nice ship!

Tuck and roll and a GNS530 with a Stec, well done

GPSS too?

Last edited:
Tuck and roll and a GNS530 with a Stec, well done

The 530 has WAAS, too. :)

I wanted a decent setup for IFR flying since I'll be doing my instrument training in this plane. It was really freakin' hard finding a bird in my price range that had those goodies (most looked like museums to 1970s avionics with ratted out Elvis-era velvet interiors).

The big downside is the engine has 1,700 hours on it. But it had a recent top overhaul with new cylinders and has compressions all in the high 70s. I think it'll last me a few years with a good chance of going past TBO. We'll see.

Fortunately, I've got enough money left in my airplane fund to do the engine overhaul tomorrow if it needs it. It's a perfect fit for a first airplane, I think. Just wish it had more back seat room for passengers.

That looks like a plane worthy of a overhaul when the time comes.

Welcome back to PoA, and great lookin plane u got there!!

Looks excellent, congrats!!

Congrats! She is definitely a good looking plane. :)

Nice lookin' plane. Congrats? Today marks one year since I bought mine.

Good looking bird, congrats and enjoy!

what a great looking plane. I see you have an AP, too. very nice instrument platform. Does it have an engine monitor?

Great looking plane even if the wings are in the wrong place. :)
Thats a great plane and very nicely equipped. Good find.

NICE, clean airplane! hangared! looks like a real winner. Exciting times. Go for It! That engine could go another 500-800 hours if it's been cared for.looks like it has been.

Congratulations!!! How you enjoy your find as much as I enjoy mine!!! :goofy::goofy::goofy:

Maybe this is not an appropriate question on here - but how much did you pay for it? Reason I am asking is that me and my dad are looking at Cherokees and that looks like a very very nice one!

what a great looking plane. I see you have an AP, too. very nice instrument platform. Does it have an engine monitor?

No. It's got a cylinder temp gauge and a nice digital fuel meter, but my A&P says my first upgrade should be a real engine monitor with separate probes for EGT and CHT on all four cylinders.

No. It's got a cylinder temp gauge and a nice digital fuel meter, but my A&P says my first upgrade should be a real engine monitor with separate probes for EGT and CHT on all four cylinders.
And you might consider moving the instruments to a standard 6-pack arrangement. The arrangement you have is would make my normal scan get all sorts of tilted.

Marvelous! I love a short-wing Cherokee, a good and honest airplane, and this one is a show-plane.

Congratulations!

Back