I'm a zero and sinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
Those who flew with me at Gaston's know that I frequently ask pax how they're feeling. A "10" is "great", a "0" is "about to hurl". After watching this video, I'm a zero and sinking fast.

"The instruction curriculum has been designed by some of the most experienced instructors in the world... " I'm really, really curious as to who they are.

http://www.martinaviationgroup.com/training_cirriculum.html

Chip

gibbons said:
Those who flew with me at Gaston's know that I frequently ask pax how they're feeling. A "10" is "great", a "0" is "about to hurl". After watching this video, I'm a zero and sinking fast.

"The instruction curriculum has been designed by some of the most experienced instructors in the world... " I'm really, really curious as to who they are.

Chip

A lot of buzzwords - a lot of promises - a lot of fluff - very little substance.

Hope his business model is a little more robust and cohesive than his website.

ug, over on studentpilot.com they have gone round and round bout this guy.

gibbons said:

Chip
I don't want to give that clown any hits to his website. Sigh.

bbchien said:
I don't want to give that clown any hits to his website. Sigh.

Yeah, next thing you know he'll be saying that pilots from across the nation have flocked to his site to learn about the MAG cirriculum. :vomit:

I think this is a couple of pictures of the guy following his FRZ incursion...

Attachments

• top.1913.pilot.detained.jpg
    top.1913.pilot.detained.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 50
  • story.plane.jpg
    story.plane.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 32
"Why does my GPS keep telling me I have entered resticted airspace?"
" Hy, Check out those F-16 flying around out here"
" Wow, Now there's a helocoper if front of us with a sign"

gibbons said:

Chip

Zero is right. I'm getting that feeling. "Scenerio based" my butt. All
from the guy that couldn't put together the scenerio where he was
flying into the ADIZ.

Oh good lord. From the site:

Load of crap said:
Martinism is the methodology of Martin Aviation Group and the Martin Organization. Martinism is a documented body of methods, rules, principles, practices, and procedures applied to general aviation in a coherent, consistent, accountable, and repeatable manner. The finished product of Martinism is a safe, professionally trained, personal and business pilot.

As in all methodologies, the power is inversely proportional to the generality of the method. In other words, the more detailed the method, the more powerful. It makes no sense to measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk and then cut with axe.

Martinism is revolution for general aviation. It is a restructuring of the interrelationships between pilots, insurance, banking, aircraft manufacturing and flight schools.

Mr. Martin,

What she said!!!

youlooser.jpg

Steve said:
I think this is a couple of pictures of the guy following his FRZ incursion...

Steve thats just BEAUTIFUL. Wonder why those photos aren't on his web site? LOL:rofl:

Hey, we're famous! At least on the "martizing" website anyway. Troy has added links at the bottom of his home page titled "definition of non-mag customers". One links to the now obscenely long studentpilot.com rag on Mr. Martin. The other now brings me back here to good old POA.

Anyone from POA want to email Mr. Martin and ask him about said link? When the studentpilot people become aware of the link to them, it will probably generate another 10 pages of shots (sorry, not a member of that board, someone else will have to rat him out there).

Hey Troy, I know you personally. I've never taken a shot at you over this website and proposal of yours. Now you've taken a shot at a forum that I am a charter member of. Frankly, your website, and it's immediate reactions to criticism on the webboards, is pretty sad. You brought a big dog and pony show to the Lancaster Airport Authority meeting and got off to a dreadful (and highly publicized) start with them. Rather than dissing pilots, you might start thinking about maybe trying to make some amends. At least, if you want this business idea of yours (which is not without merit) to go anywhere other than as a laugh track in these webboards.

Just my 2 pennies.

Jim G

smigaldi said:
He could put them on his site with the caption "If I only had MAG training... Don't let this happen to you" :D:yes:

Actually, if he wasn't such an ass, he would have been smart to spin his business that way from the beginning.

"Non-MAG Customer"

I will wear that as a badge of honor. I wonder where I could get a T-shirt made up with that on it?

BTW Mr. Martin, looking at your criteria for pilot training, I am 10/11 rating for your 'MAG' customer. I would not do business with you.

Wow. It is true. We are infact on his website.

wow.jpg

See fullsize image at:
http://jesseangell.com/gallery/d/654-1/wow.jpg

Well Troy. I know very little about you. But I am assuming you must have had success at something. I'm not exactly sure how based on your obvious lack of respect for your potential customers.

The pilot community is a very small world. You decided to approach this business by trying to upset all of them. Perhaps your idea is that you will draw in new "business" pilots. They'll come into aviation soley for the purpose of expanding their business. I'm sure they'll fall out of the sky at about the same rate in which you are recruiting them (ask Cirrus about this). Right now I would say you have made an absolute joke out of yourself in the world of aviation.

I see a lot of marketing buzzwords on your website. That is all I see. There is absolutely no evidence that you will or have the ability to produce safe qualified pilots.

I've heard nothing but bad things about what you are doing. I still had no opinion because I thought maybe you had a chance.

I do find it interesting that you took the liberty to send your few potential customers to this website. Your customers have two choices:

1.) Join a program backed up by nothing but cheesy videos. Ran by someone who is unable to navigate the airspace of this country and was put face first into the ground for such.

2.) Listen to the experience of some of the most talented pilots I have ever met and run as far away from your program as they can.

I can be reached at:
Jesse@JesseAngell.com

Last edited:
I guess I shouldn't have started this thread since it's pretty much an invitation to bash Martin, and that's really not what PoA is about. Without further comment on the topic, I'm closing it.

Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back