I'm a pilot!!!!

Big congrats on a job well done?

Congrats!!! :cheerswine:

I find it "liberating" to no longer have the limitations of a stundent pilot and be PIC at all times.

If you don't already, soon you'll dream about having your own plane - and you already got da Bose :D

You also got it done before the year's end, must feel very good.

Dont forget to put it on your 2012 tax return

Jk

Congrats!!! :cheerswine:

I find it "liberating" to no longer have the limitations of a stundent pilot and be PIC at all times.

If you don't already, soon you'll dream about having your own plane - and you already got da Bose :D

You also got it done before the year's end, must feel very good.

Before year end is great!
I still need to get a mount for my iPad, and a back up radio, and I think my big accessories expense will be gone.
I wish I could put the Bose on my tax return.

Buy a Cirrus. You can put that on your return.:D

Maybe I can get a grant for one. Just need to come up with some kind of study to present to the Government. Before they decide to cut unnecessary spending.

Before they decide to cut unnecessary spending.

You can tack onto a previous study. There was one studying the reduction in the size of alligator penises due to pharmaceuticals in swamp water. Maybe you can promise to fly over the gators once a month. The remainder of the time is training proficiency. I'll help with that part.

As far a measuring the airplanes effect on the gators' penis, you're on your own on that one.

You can tack onto a previous study. There was one studying the reduction in the size of alligator penises due to pharmaceuticals in swamp water. Maybe you can promise to fly over the gators once a month. The remainder of the time is training proficiency. I'll help with that part.

As far a measuring the airplanes effect on the gators' penis, you're on your own on that one.

This study is for real? We can put some floats on the cirrus. Purchase an inflatable female alligator, toss it in the water, and estimate at a distance.

"No Change in size recorded"

Congrats, Matt! Doesn't seem like such a big deal when you type it out, does it?

I'm assuming you left out the hood work from your write-up?

Congrats, Matt! Doesn't seem like such a big deal when you type it out, does it?

I'm assuming you left out the hood work from your write-up?

Thank you, and you are right.

The hood work happened after I crossed over the hatchery, and before my diversion. Had a couple of turns, a climb with turn, a descent with a turn. Then some unusual attitude training. Two of which after him going all over the place with some power changes; ended up straight and level. I think that was harder than the climbing turns and descending unusual attitudes. Only because it felt like something else was going on, and your just like Hey, everything is OK, is there some sort of trickery here? What am I missing? Just looked over everything, and determined no changes were needed, Then I had to determine where I was based on VORs. He did not say how close I was, but obviously I passed.

Matt, first off, congrats! If you ever make it towards CJR / HEF, let me know. I'm just getting started in my training, but I'm always interested in meeting other pilots.

You say the A20s were a huge improvement... From what? I don't want to derail your thred, but I'm very curious if the less expensive strata of ANR headsets are worth the investment, or if its really "go Bose/Lightspeed/etc. or go home".

Matt, first off, congrats! If you ever make it towards CJR / HEF, let me know. I'm just getting started in my training, but I'm always interested in meeting other pilots.

You say the A20s were a huge improvement... From what? I don't want to derail your thred, but I'm very curious if the less expensive strata of ANR headsets are worth the investment, or if its really "go Bose/Lightspeed/etc. or go home".

There are a few ANR threads. The most common are the Bose and the Lightspeeds. With a few exceptions. Until you try them out in a plane, you just don't know what you are missing. I was personally fine with the David Clark's comfort. However, the Bose were a lot more comfortable.

I will let you know if I am going to fly out that way.

Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Had my first passenger flight today. My father and me flew to THV. A short haul, had some breakfast, and then flew back to GAI. Landing at GAI, had one of my best landings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back