I'm a man!

Fiveslide

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Fiveslide
You know how I know?

I just drilled an 1.5" hole through 1/2" cabinet material with nothing but a hole saw, my bare hand and a Kershaw pocket knife.

Why?

Because I needed a hole there. And I'm stupid enough to need that hole more than I want to drive back to our old house for my drill.

One down, one to go.

Attachments

• IMG_20190728_180857757.jpg
    IMG_20190728_180857757.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 138
If my wife saw this happening she would shake her head so damn hard.

And minimal scarring of the back wall.
(Maybe a piece of sheet metal between wall & tools?)

Nah, it's inside a cabinet that will be full of something, eventually, and not emptied until we move again, most likely.

I've found that keeping the sawdust from clogging the teeth makes this go faster. So add that to my equipment list, a shark rotator vacuum.

I tore down two walls with my bare hands today.

And a sledgehammer.

Nah, it's inside a cabinet that will be full of something, eventually, and not emptied until we move again, most likely.

I've found that keeping the sawdust from clogging the teeth makes this go faster. So add that to my equipment list, a shark rotator vacuum.
But, what if you had the vacuum and forgot it? Would you have gone back for the vacuum and the drill?

But, what if you had the vacuum and forgot it? Would you have gone back for the vacuum and the drill?

The vacuum was already here. The wife remembers her crap well.

No I would not have gone back for it.

About halfway through the second one.

I could really use some gloves.

I need a story about how these blisters got on my hands that doesn't make me sound like a moron. Go!

This last 1/4" is gonna kill me. Not feeling so manly. Kinda want to cry.

Done! Found a pipe wrench. Knocked out the second a little early.

Piece'a cake! If cake were made of monel and guarded by silverback gorillas.

Attachments

• IMG_20190728_191034893.jpg
    IMG_20190728_191034893.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Wow - good job getting it done! My manhood depends greatly on the use of my power tools...

So the use of hand tools makes you a man? Hmmmmm.

Turning a hole saw meant for a drill with your bare hand makes you a stupid, stupid man. Let's face it, no woman would have done that. Not that they're incapable, they're smarter than me.

I could really use some gloves.

I need a story about how these blisters got on my hands that doesn't make me sound like a moron. Go!

Didn’t you get those blisters by grabbing the hot tailpipe of a crashed Harley when you lifted it off a small child, saving her life, along with her puppy?

I woulda used a chainsaw..... a 55cc with a 20” bar and semi chisel chain.

Didn’t you get those blisters by grabbing the hot tailpipe of a crashed Harley when you lifted it off a small child, saving her life, along with her puppy?

I may have to tone that down a bit, maybe make it an ATV since the new place is on a dirt road.

I too have a tale of manliness from this weekend. I replaced the whole side mirror on my suburban after my wife knocked it off hitting a mailbox. Cost about 200 bucks and an hour of my time. That would have been a 700 dollar bill at the body shop.
yT is awesome!

When you can do an oil change with no tools. Which wouldn't have been so bad except the oil filter was on so tight that I had to use all my grip strength to get it off. Then my forearm muscles were so fatigued that 4-5 hours later I had to have my passenger do the prop cycle on run up and then do throttle and prop reduction because I couldn't use my right arm

I tore down two walls with my bare hands today.

And a sledgehammer.

I always bribe my engineer friends with beer to do that sort of thing. Engineers seem to like taking things apart.

I would tell one of my manly buddies that there is no way he could hand drill that hole there, while I opened a beer.

I would tell one of my manly buddies that there is no way he could hand drill that hole there, while I opened a beer.

See, even you're smarter than me.

Actually, the only other person around was my 5 year old son. He saw what I was doing, grabbed the broom and, while sweeping, would hit himself in the head with the handle on purpose. That was the 5-year-old version of the stupidness I did.

51Z4bM6GA2L.jpg

Then you have little imagination.
OK, you got me. :) Perhaps I should say, I have no idea how that could be any better and still be available on YouTube and get posted to POA without someone getting banned".

Back