iLevil BOM - pirep from OSH pls

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
hey guys.. i was watching this video and looks like a awesome innovation. this video has more info than the one initially released. looks like down the road they can add other stuff like IR camera, RADAR ALT etc. can anyone provide a pirep on where they are with this unit at OSH?

Would love to hear feedback from someone who sees the real thing. Looks pretty interesting.

I saw this at Sun N Fun and spent a few minutes talking with them about it. If it does half of what they say it will for the price point it will be amazing. Lots of innovation happening in GA right now OSH should be fun I won't be able to make it this year so I will be watching for others posts about products like this one.

I was just joking around.
However, it does command a little attention.

Some how looks like the water bottles of late.

Just don't put a sticker on it that says: To Donald :)

I was just joking around.
However, it does command a little attention.

Some how looks like the water bottles of late.

Just don't put a sticker on it that says: To Donald :)

lol

Bringing this back to life, as I believe this is about to ship and I just ordered one. I own an iLevil SW and was happy with the quality and support, so hopefully I'll have similar success with the BOM. I think it gives you a lot for the money: WAAS GPS, Dual Band ADS-B In, Angle of Attack, Indicated Airspeed with Heated Pitot, AHRS (Roll, Pitch, Magnetic Heading, Slip Indicator, Rate of Turn, G Meter, Vertical Speed, Pressure Altitude), and Data Recorder.

Bringing this back to life, as I believe this is about to ship and I just ordered one. I own an iLevil SW and was happy with the quality and support, so hopefully I'll have similar success with the BOM. I think it gives you a lot for the money: WAAS GPS, Dual Band ADS-B In, Angle of Attack, Indicated Airspeed with Heated Pitot, AHRS (Roll, Pitch, Magnetic Heading, Slip Indicator, Rate of Turn, G Meter, Vertical Speed, Pressure Altitude), and Data Recorder.
looking forward to a pirep

My A&P installed this late yesterday evening, so I got a chance to fly with it for a little over an hour today; It's really cool. The airspeed was not accurate at all until I calibrated the AOA speed, but once I did that it was very accurate. Xavion on IOS has support for the BOM currently, and the beta version of iFly has support as well, with support for displaying Angle of Attack in the next release, scheduled in a couple of days. It was pretty bouncy today, so I'm looking forward to going up to mess around with it a bit more.

IMG_20180507_095325.jpg

It sure is neat. No installation. Crazy. I'd be interested in it just for the AOA alone. Don't really need any of the other features. Wish that could be output wirelessly to some small screen (2.25" maybe) that you could stick somewhere on the panel.

Backup air data and AHRS, too. My plane is already dripping with redundant attitude information so that's overkill for me, but it would be a very nice tool for a lot of VFR applications. And a good backup for everything else!

Surprised that little turbine can produce enough juice to heat the thing in addition to everything else.

Anyone know what these are going to cost?

We were having an involved HUD discussion on another board and I was making the point that a HUD without air data is pretty worthless. Well, this thing could provide the air data...

We were having an involved HUD discussion on another board and I was making the point that a HUD without air data is pretty worthless. Well, this thing could provide the air data...
You may have missed it, but the BOM was mentioned as a source of air data in that other thread on that other board.

Here's a screenshot of the iFly software, showing the AOA indicator. I'm not connected to the BOM in this picture, but thought it would be interesting to show it. You can resize the indicator to make it quite a bit larger than shown in the image.
Screenshot_20180514-104804.png

I just sent my BOM back to Levil for some upgrades. I think the primary change is that they are using a larger battery now. Also of note is that the AHRS Utility has been updated and allows you to use the app as a full-screen AoA display, which might be nice if you have an old phone lying around or something.

I just sent my BOM back to Levil for some upgrades. I think the primary change is that they are using a larger battery now. Also of note is that the AHRS Utility has been updated and allows you to use the app as a full-screen AoA display, which might be nice if you have an old phone lying around or something.

That's what has me interested. Just the AOA.

Back