IFR written follow-up

JMR07

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
JMR07
I passed my written last week (90)
Do I need a lesson with my CFI and a logbook endorsement to show I did it?
I can’t find definitive information anywhere

Before your checkride, the instructor must sign off that he has reviewed your areas that you got wrong.

If you do not score 100% on a knowledge exam, your CFI needs to review the deficiencies with you, providing you the chance to figure out what the correct answer is and understand it.

Then the instructor provides a §61.39(a)(6)(iii) endorsement saying this activity was completed.

You need proof that you took the written test. That proof will not come from your CFII.

After the test, you should have gotten a piece of paper that certifies you took the test, the date of the test, your score, and the codes of the areas you missed.

You need that paper in addition to the certification from the on line class you took that you were ready to take the written test.

Those two papers are very important. Scan them, and then also save them in a safe place.

(And before you take the oral test with the DPE, as others have mentioned your CFII needs to review the area you missed and endorse your logg book that you are ready for the test AND that he/she has reviewed the missed written test areas with you.)

Back