IFR video to share. 3 approaches. 1 Missed & Diverted to Alternate.

Bravo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bravo
Great IFR day. Started my short trip to Lancaster PA and back with deteriorating weather. Departed KLNS with 500 OVC heading back to Garrett County MD 2G4 where the ceilings continued to drop, eventually down to less than 1/4 mist and 100 OVC. I had to go missed ofcourse. I stayed in the hold for about a half hour to see if the conditions would improve, which they didnt. Then did my last approach into my alternate Morgantown WV KMGW which I show the complete approach unedited.

As with any flight I video of myself, I often pick up on things I could have done better. I'm sure you guys wont have any problems picking them out :) enjoy..

Last edited:
Synth vis on the ground was interesting... almost like there was a hole in your panel and we could see the pavement below.

What were the music tracks?

Synth vis on the ground was interesting... almost like there was a hole in your panel and we could see the pavement below.

For sure, the situational awareness is amazing.

What were the music tracks?

Track 1. FEDER - Goodbye / Warning has some explicit lyrics that I had to edit out on my video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dMFJ27rq1Gs

Track 2. Guitar del mar / all the other songs came from this great mix. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tZuj_beuMc4

Nice video! The fog in the NE was bad last week. I went missed on several occasions.

Nice video! The fog in the NE was bad last week. I went missed on several occasions.

Thanks. I did notice a lot of fog forcast to the east. I try and avoid that stuff.

Great video, loved the music.

Thanks, I often wonder if my taste in music is too far out there.

Great video. Thanks sharing.

Thanks, happy to share.

Needs the ATC talk.

Didnt miss much, but next time I will try to get more in the video.

Excellent video, thanks for sharing!
I record all my flights, and have lots of IMC ones, but having the sidestick, G1000 and SVT sure makes a huge difference...
(All I got for "glass" is the GTN-750 and my two Nexus 7 tablets running Garmin Pilot.)
Enjoy and stay safe!

Last edited:
Nice video and sweet plane. Thanks for sharing.

I record all my flights, and have lots of IMC ones, but having the sidestick, G1000 and SVT sure makes a huge difference...
(All I got for "glass" is the GTN-750 and my two Nexus 7 tablets running Garmin Pilot.)
Enjoy and stay safe!

The G1000, ForeFlight, Synthetic vision, and other the other bells and whistles makes it too damn easy... I always joke that when I'm assigned a heading and move the heading knob I'm, "earning my paycheck." It's hardly any fun in that airplane.

The G1000, ForeFlight, Synthetic vision, and other the other bells and whistles makes it too damn easy... I always joke that when I'm assigned a heading and move the heading knob I'm, "earning my paycheck." It's hardly any fun in that airplane.

In my case, after flying in the soup for decades on steam gauges including ADF, VOR/DME and no (official) GPS, I love flying with my 750. I suppose having no yoke in front, a panel-mounted SVT, a GPS flight plan tracking A/P and all digital instruments would be even better, but I am happy with what I have, having earned my keep with the old stuff.

GliderDude & Cpt_Kirk, I know what you mean. I'm very happy hand flying Garmin 420 and a 6-pack, it's just right for me.

Enjoy and stay safe!

Thanks! Share some videos. I love watching IFR flights.

Enjoyed the video and a peek in the new Cirrus. Thanks for sharing the flight.

Happy to share!

Nice video and sweet plane. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

Excellent video, nicely done!

Thank you. You did the PilotEdge thing right?

I didnt learn on all this fancy stuff so I have experience both ways as well, however the situational awareness and available information makes it much more fun and I believe more safe to fly IFR for me. I likely wouldnt have the desire to fly as much IFR with out the technology.

Too bad with calm winds you couldn't get vectors to 36.

The approach to 36 at MGW doesnt get you down as low. I think its like 600' AGL vs 200' AGL on the ILS 18.

Yep, still doin' it!

Cool! I thought I recognized your voice in a video you posted here. I talked to you a few times on there back when I used it a couple years ago. Glad to hear it is still going.

Cool video! I find these kind of videos helpful in my IFR training. I actually grew up in Morgantown and lived there for 22 years. Looking forward to flying up there from Charlotte as soon as I get my instrument done!

Back