IFR to sun n fun

dennyleeb

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
7DeltaBravo
I went IFR to oshkosh and it was very easy. I did not cancel and they did not force me to. Is sun n fun same way? I have read the notam and I know they want to but I would rather not. Anyone with personal exp?

I went IFR to oshkosh and it was very easy. I did not cancel and they did not force me to. Is sun n fun same way? I have read the notam and I know they want to but I would rather not. Anyone with personal exp?

I flew to SnF IFR once and ATC "required" me to cancel IFR about 15 miles out (coming from the west) and fly the VFR arrival procedure even though there were only a couple other planes in the vicinity. They claimed that IFR arrivals weren't allowed if the field was VFR. The worst part was the fact that most of the field was actually under a 300-400 AGL solid layer with a hole over the tower.

I've flown to SnF numerous times IFR and will again Friday morning. JAX approach will require you to cancel assuming the field isn't real IFR. Read and follow the VFR arrival procedure in the NOTAM, and it's pretty straight forward.

I've flown to SnF numerous times IFR and will again Friday morning. JAX approach will require you to cancel assuming the field isn't real IFR. Read and follow the VFR arrival procedure in the NOTAM, and it's pretty straight forward.
It's straight forward and on a nice time of day (not 1-5pm when it gets thunderstormy) it's actually a nice view

I was gonna go sunday coming from the south KFMY. How hard is it to get out sunday night.

Back