IFR Minimums

Oh I understand. I'm a rare breed that makes my logbook reflect my ACTUAL flight experiance. Leg by leg since I was a student pilot 9,000 hours ago.
and I'm of the breed that can't be bothered. It's pretty clearly spelled out what events need to be logged for currency. Beyond that, why bother writing in a little book every time you go someplace? Once you pass 3k ish hours there is no insurance benefit to more time.

And why is 'Management' here so happy to out people's name? Seriously. This is twice now from the same management member. Is there nothing in the TOS that protects members identity or privacy?
I hope not. If you're afraid to use your real name you likely aren't writing anything worth reading.

and I'm of the breed that can't be bothered. It's pretty clearly spelled out what events need to be logged for currency. Beyond that, why bother writing in a little book every time you go someplace? Once you pass 3k ish hours there is no insurance benefit to more time.

Well that's true. I admit there is no point. I like to envision my kids or grand kids going through my logbook some day with awe and reverence. But I know that's a pipe dream. I keep it lege by leg because I'm a dork that way. That's why.

The other side to this is where I'm flying now (SE Asia) I have to keep my logbook current and correct since every 6 months when I renew my license my logbook must be validated and stamped as well.

Much easier under the FAA.

I hope not. If you're afraid to use your real name you likely aren't writing anything worth reading.

Who's afraid? Im just ticked I keep getting outed...by management no less.

If someone wants to use their real name then fine. But shouldn't that be their choice? They let me sign up with an anymous name...why won't they let me keep it? It wasn't disclosed that they would be outing me at some future point.

Who's afraid? Im just ticked I keep getting outed...by management no less.

If someone wants to use their real name then fine. But shouldn't that be their choice? They let me sign up with an anymous name...why won't they let me keep it? It wasn't disclosed that they would be outing me at some future point.

I agree. It should be the member's choice, and no one else's.

You also said in the "PoA managment member drops name" thread

Okay okay...I'm Cameron. It's not a big deal. I admit when I noticed PoA Management I was a tad suspicious...but whatever.

So...howz about that fuel dumping.

So now it's a big deal? Please.

That was April. He is management and I was new. I was trying to make nice. In truth I was ****ed then and I'm ****ed now.

It's frustrating that some people feel dropping my real name gives them some sort of edge in back and forth banter on the forum. It's the same every time, person feels like I'm just not agreeing with them enough so they use my name in some attempt to score points.

And the whole thing started with management! I can't reconcile that. I'm out.

You're MANAGEMENT!!!

You should hold yourself to a standard at least to the level of acceptable.

If you don't think he is, then...

gtfo_take_fail_GTFO-s570x610-78516-580.jpg

:D

That was April. He is management and I was new. I was trying to make nice. In truth I was ****ed then and I'm ****ed now.

It's frustrating that some people feel dropping my real name gives them some sort of edge in back and forth banter on the forum. It's the same every time, person feels like I'm just not agreeing with them enough so they use my name in some attempt to score points.

And the whole thing started with management! I can't reconcile that. I'm out.

When you first arrived, it was your pseudonym. It just stuck. Now if he went into the backoffice area of the site, that could be an ehics violation, but since PoA doesnt have such a thing...

Greg, in your airline career, were you ever a typed FO who logged your time flying the airplane in the PIC column in your logbook? And did your major airline employer care one way or the other?

If you didn't, why not?

Tim, sorry, I missed this post in all the noise.

I am entitled to log the time that I am sole manipulator of the controls of the 777 because I have a PIC type rating in the plane. I choose not to for logistical reasons. On the long haul flights, when there are relief pilots, the water gets real muddy real fast. It becomes a "challenge" to keep track of just how much time one was in the seat on a particular flight. I keep it simple and just log it as SIC.

Bottom line is that at this stage of my career, I don't NEED the PIC time for anything. I have all I need. No point in making my life more difficult by trying to keep the sole manipulator stuff straight.

Yeah if I ever end up in a position where I'm needing to keep track of the time where I was a 121 PIC (highly unlikely), I'd probably just add a checkbox to the electronic logbook so I could sort out only those flights easily.

Yeah if I ever end up in a position where I'm needing to keep track of the time where I was a 121 PIC (highly unlikely), I'd probably just add a checkbox to the electronic logbook so I could sort out only those flights easily.

Most large carriers keep a very accurate record of crew member flight time.

Most large carriers keep a very accurate record of crew member flight time.
I thought that might be the case, where a pilot may have a company-kept log as well as his own personal log.

I can see where an airline pilot (especially now where the ATP is required) wouldn't have any real need for PIC time in the personal log above and beyond what's needed for currency, and that a custom may develop where FOs wouldn't log the PIC time they are entitled to log under 61.51.

But that's different than saying that they CANNOT or SHOULD NOT log that time if they choose.

I thought that might be the case, where a pilot may have a company-kept log as well as his own personal log.
When there are company records available, many pilots don't keep their own personal log. Either that or they are years behind.

Back