IFR Audio CD

rmciottijr

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
rmciottijr
I was wondering if anyone has a copy of Gleim instrument pilot audio course CD that they are finished with and want to sell it. I am doing a lot of driving and I think this might help.

Thanks,
Bob

I was wondering if anyone has a copy of Gleim instrument pilot audio course CD that they are finished with and want to sell it. I am doing a lot of driving and I think this might help.

Bob,

That's exactly what I used it for - Learning while driving. I wish they made one for the commercial.

I'm willing to sell you mine, if I can find it... :dunno:

I traded some e-mails with Rod Machado and he is working on an instrument course on audio CD.

Ask him if he'd invent the instrument knowledge pill, the crazy books and even a whole ground school hasnt worked for me!

Bob,

That's exactly what I used it for - Learning while driving. I wish they made one for the commercial.

I'm willing to sell you mine, if I can find it... :dunno:

Kent, the knowledge for the commercial exam isn't that much different than the private; just a little more in depth. Instead of studying for the commercial, study for the Advanced Ground Instructor. The test is almost the same. Then take both exams, and the CFI exam while you're at it. The only one you need a sign-off for is the Commercial. Leslie got the King CD-ROMs for Christmas and we watched them together over two days. It was all review of what I'd just studied for the AGI. I admit, I didn't do as well on the commercial exam as you did on the private, but I was darned close! And as far as audio goes, check out Machado's audio tapes of his private pilot manual. That should be a good review while driving. Heck, anyone who can get 100% on their private can easily get a passing score on the commercial without even studying. (Yes, I know that you won't/shouldn't be satisfied with merely passing :))

Heck, anyone who can get 100% on their private can easily get a passing score on the commercial without even studying. (Yes, I know that you won't/shouldn't be satisfied with merely passing :))

But that was over 6 years ago... :D Back to studying for the IR written...

I describe the commercial syllabus as private pilot on steroids... definitely more in depth. It did remind me how much I hate calculus.

If it had been a long time since you'd gone through a PPL syllabus, I'd say go for the King Commercial course. Otherwise, you'd gain just as much by just reading through the Airplane Flying Handbook (8083-3A) and the Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (8083-25) followed by the Gleim, working all the problems. I won't even get into how much cheaper that plan is.

I'll go along with studying for ground instructor as well as CFI written while you're at it. I took the commercial written then went back a couple weeks later and took the CFI written and FOI. CFI written seemed like a walk and the FOI was... well, I passed.

you need to know calculus for the commercial?

you need to know calculus for the commercial?
Okay, maybe it was geometry. Let me make a blanket statement.... I hate math! :vomit:

But, what was my major in college? Accounting! Thank God for Visicalc and its designer!

Back