If You Were In The 1%, Which Private Jet Would Buy/Fly?

Actually they are. At $250,000 a year you have access to all the entertainment and quality of life features our society has to offer. You can afford a family, a plane, a house, and a boat, on $250,000k a year, you just can't have it to the levels of extreme excesses that a billionaire can. $250k a year I can afford to do everything I want, including hookers and blow, I just have to be ingenious to maximize the return.

Here's what billionaires get to do, they get to have a $300,000,000 yacht with a $3,000,000+ annual operating budget that they will be on for 18 days this year.

Trust me, $250K isn't that much money in the population centers of the country (where you're able to pull that kind of gross income), but if you spend responsibly you mostly get to sleep at night.

Until the boss decides they need to make some "changes", then you don't sleep as well.

Trust me, $250K isn't that much money in the population centers of the country (where you're able to pull that kind of gross income), but if you spend responsibly you mostly get to sleep at night.

Until the boss decides they need to make some "changes", then you don't sleep as well.

I didn't say you got it just the way you want it, but dude, I can have a house on a canal here in Ft Lauderdale and a 80' yacht on the dock out back, and a 310 in the Hangar at FXE on $250k and still have money left over to party. I can even profit on the house by renting rooms as a crew house, and I can make more money off them putting boat handling and other training on them using the yacht. Heck, if I can leverage $250k a year I don't need to spend any of it, and that is how billionaires live.

I didn't say you got it just the way you want it, but dude, I can have a house on a canal here in Ft Lauderdale and a 80' yacht on the dock out back, and a 310 in the Hangar at FXE on $250k and still have money left over to party. I can even profit on the house by renting rooms as a crew house, and I can make more money off them putting boat handling and other training on them using the yacht. Heck, if I can leverage $250k a year I don't need to spend any of it, and that is how billionaires live.

A decent house on a canal is 1.5 easily. Carrying costs with a 20% down is about $100K/year.

An '80's vintage motor yacht is better part of a million. Can't imaging what it costs to turn the engines on. Figure another $100k/yr. At least you can work on it yourself, but if you are making $250k you won't have the time.

A round dials 310 in decent shape is $75K, hangared and insured and reasonably maintained is probably $25K /yr for 100 hours a year, which again you won't have that much free time to fly making a quarter mill.

And this is all net of tax, where you are paying around 50% in taxes of all kinds.

Actually they are. At $250,000 a year you have access to all the entertainment and quality of life features our society has to offer. You can afford a family, a plane, a house, and a boat, on $250,000k a year, you just can't have it to the levels of extreme excesses that a billionaire can. $250k a year I can afford to do everything I want, including hookers and blow, I just have to be ingenious to maximize the return.

Here's what billionaires get to do, they get to have a $300,000,000 yacht with a $3,000,000+ annual operating budget that they will be on for 18 days this year.

$250K a year is only a 1%er in Arkansas and a couple of other Southern tier States, on a State by State basis. In most States it takes about $400K per year to be a 1%er. Eastern tier States it's over $500K.

If you care about State by State, that is.

A decent house on a canal is 1.5 easily. Carrying costs with a 20% down is about $100K/year.

An '80's vintage motor yacht is better part of a million. Can't imaging what it costs to turn the engines on. Figure another $100k/yr. At least you can work on it yourself, but if you are making $250k you won't have the time.

A round dials 310 in decent shape is $75K, hangared and insured and reasonably maintained is probably $25K /yr for 100 hours a year, which again you won't have that much free time to fly making a quarter mill.

And this is all net of tax, where you are paying around 50% in taxes of all kinds.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: No sir, you can still buy plenty of old Florida houses on canals with 75-80' docks and ocean access for under $400,000k, and I can generate $2800 a month steady revenue from 2 bedrooms. I can be in a nice boat for my use and cadet use, and can generate another $10,000 a month there.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: No sir, you can still buy plenty of old Florida houses on canals with 75-80' docks and ocean access for under $400,000k, and I can generate $2800 a month steady revenue from 2 bedrooms. I can be in a nice boat for my use and cadet use, and can generate another $10,000 a month there.

Henning is the secret $10,000 month hangar guy! ;)

Henning is the secret $10,000 month hangar guy! ;)

A good one man business should generate that regardless what it is. I can put 6 guys on the boat for a month for $3k a piece, get them their sea miles and training for their Yachtmaster ticket, and put boat handling,engineering, and general seamanship training on them. It'll cost about $8k in fuel and expenses. It's just about having a market and the tools. I could actually charge more as the market already does.

Oh, BTW, I can get the boat I need for $150k, and I sold a glass panel 310 with near new engines and new props that just came out of a 12 year, $200,000 airframe overhaul, to the insurance for $70k, and in the 2 years prior to that nobody would offer $60k. I was already in the plane for $70k, and could do it again if I wanted, it just wouldn't be as sweet of an airframe to start with.

I'm by no means rich, but I get to play with a lot of rich people's toys, and can provide myself a similar, if less luxurious, life style doing the same things, only I enjoy them more than they do, because they're too busy paying for all their stuff to enjoy it. Most big yacht owners might get down 18-20 days a year across 2-3 trips a year.

Anytime I have over $120k a year income, I can pretty much afford to do everything I want.

Last edited:
Back