If you left your 747's in Malaysia, They would like you to please pick them up.

Do these airplanes not have registration markings, or serial numbers on them? It seems that would be as easy to find out who owns them as it would be if I left my plane there. I would keep an eye on those planes.

We have stories of ISIS training pilots in Lybia and here we have three mystery cargo planes, one of the biggest you can get, sitting in Malaysia, another Muslim country. They might come to pick them up alright, just keep a close eye on where they go.

Dang! So THAT'S where I left it. Wow....what a party that was!

Dang! So THAT'S where I left it. Wow....what a party that was!

:rofl:

"Every time I park my 747 in Malaysia they tow the ****."

You'd be surprised how common abandoned aircraft are. Companies pick up old planes for a contract understanding that the planes are a contract consumable, not a capital asset. When they are done with the contract, or the plane is no longer economically capable of doing the job (cheaper to replace than repair) they just abandon them to get out of the not insignificant storage liability. These planes likely hauled their last economic load of heroin and guns.

Do these airplanes not have registration markings, or serial numbers on them? It seems that would be as easy to find out who owns them as it would be if I left my plane there. I would keep an eye on those planes.

It sounds like it's a paperwork issue. They know who the previous owners were, but somewhere something in the paperwork got lost. Probably similar to the way some home mortgages get bought and sold, then when there is a foreclosure, nobody knows who the legal owner really is.

Henning's right, this is pretty common. I remember a similar thing happening in Nigeria a few years ago. It's a similar process to an abandoned car (or plane) that you want a lien on to gain legal rights to. One of the parts of the process includes an ad in the paper. I was going through this for a van about 12 years ago, in the end scrapped the van.

We have stories of ISIS training pilots in Lybia and here we have three mystery cargo planes, one of the biggest you can get, sitting in Malaysia, another Muslim country. They might come to pick them up alright, just keep a close eye on where they go.

From the article...

"Several aviation databases list the Boeings -- identified by their call signs TF-ARN, TF-ARH, TF-ARM -- as belonging to leasing firm Air Atlanta Icelandic, but that company says it sold them in 2008.

Since then, the aircraft appear to have changed hands several times.
"

BTW... "TF" is the "N" for Iceland.

From the article...

"Several aviation databases list the Boeings -- identified by their call signs TF-ARN, TF-ARH, TF-ARM -- as belonging to leasing firm Air Atlanta Icelandic, but that company says it sold them in 2008.

Since then, the aircraft appear to have changed hands several times.
"

BTW... "TF" is the "N" for Iceland.

Probably smell like sheep then...:lol:

What a great imagination. :yes:

Wait...so Signature will ding me at least $40 for crossing the line onto their ramp and a nightly fee in my 182 but I can leave a 747 parked for a year without anyone questioning it? I am apparently parking in the wrong spots...and countries!

What? They get picky about their mates during Ramadan? :dunno:

All the Ramadan sacrifices are intact males, "Rams". Black ones have the highest market value, and if you have one with an exceptional set of horns, and you have the right market contacts, they can bring tens of thousands of dollars.

If you've never smelled a Billy goat, they're nasty; a 747 full would require O2 mask to be worn.:lol:

"If you like your 747, you can KEEP your 747!" Period!

Henning's right, this is pretty common. I remember a similar thing happening in Nigeria a few years ago. It's a similar process to an abandoned car (or plane) that you want a lien on to gain legal rights to. One of the parts of the process includes an ad in the paper. I was going through this for a van about 12 years ago, in the end scrapped the van.

I would think that "abandoning" a 747 is a bit trickier than dumping a car by the side of the road.

;)

I would think that "abandoning" a 747 is a bit trickier than dumping a car by the side of the road.

;)

The process of selling it off afterwards though is identical, the 'lien sale' process. Car, boat, motorcycle, plane, all the same. Abandoning is similar too, park it and walk away.

;)

Not really. Just park it and run away to your getaway car/plane before anyone sees you who could identify you in a lineup.

a lot of guys do this in the UAE when it comes to dumping their super cars, some ferrari enzo or rare jag dumped in an airport parking lot or side of the road. This is on a whole other level though. I wonder if the government will pay out the people who have interests in these aircraft?

902b9dd62ca281ad10f608dad53c7222

d3d1b7d4763b3f2d2fa4cd378db98751

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure their were intentionally dumped. More likely a russian doll of ownership, lease and operating entities that somehow broke down. Lebanese travel agent, nigerian hadjj ministry leases, burundian operating certificate and ukrainian pilots. One corrupt official dies with the files on his desk and it all gets tied up.

Not sure their were intentionally dumped. More likely a russian doll of ownership, lease and operating entities that somehow broke down. Lebanese travel agent, nigerian hadjj ministry leases, burundian operating certificate and ukrainian pilots. One corrupt official dies with the files on his desk and it all gets tied up.

:lol:
I as an American once flew as a flight mechanic for a Lebanese airline owned by a Canadian and flying ACMI for Lloyd Aero Boliviano between Santa Cruz Bolivia and Madrid Spain. We had a mixture of different nationalities working and flying on the aircraft. Things can get strange.

a lot of guys do this in the UAE when it comes to dumping their super cars, some ferrari enzo or rare jag dumped in an airport parking lot or side of the road. This is on a whole other level though. I wonder if the government will pay out the people who have interests in these aircraft?

902b9dd62ca281ad10f608dad53c7222

d3d1b7d4763b3f2d2fa4cd378db98751

maxresdefault.jpg

Why??

Debt repayment in those countries is taken very seriously. People know they are going to default on the payments so they park them and leave the country. Other option is prison or maybe death

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Debt repayment in those countries is taken very seriously. People know they are going to default on the payments so they park them and leave the country. Other option is prison or maybe death

Huh. No worry about credit ratings.

I thought that lending and borrowing are un-Islamic. That means they'd be in trouble just for getting the loan...or is it just interest that's not allowed?

Last edited:
I thought that lending and borrowing are un-Islamic. That means they'd be in trouble just for getting he loan...or is it just interest that's not allowed?
No idea. Im just going off what the news article I read said so maybe take it with a grain of salt

Yeah, interest - "usury" - is forbidden. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usury

Interesting ways around it:

Some of the ways:

The bank buys something, sells it back to you at a profit, and allows you to make installment payments. That profit is not considered interest.

For home loans, you and the bank form a partnership and buy the house together. You rent, but your payments buy out the partner's share.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_banking_and_finance#Types_of_Islamic_lending

Interesting ways around it:

Some of the ways:

The bank buys something, sells it back to you at a profit, and allows you to make installment payments. That profit is not considered interest.

For home loans, you and the bank form a partnership and buy the house together. You rent, but your payments buy out the partner's share.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_banking_and_finance#Types_of_Islamic_lending

The workarounds remind me of how the orthodox jewish communities in NYC work around the protection of the sabbath.

The workarounds remind me of how the orthodox jewish communities in NYC work around the protection of the sabbath.

All religions / religious people seem to develop ways to get around the tenets of their religion. They are all rife with hypocrisy.

Actually, Uber is starting a UberFly operation in time for the holiday break time with those beauties. Fly to the Campus with the most calls for a flight to Rio or other S America destination.

Cheers

Remember guys, to most people an airplane is simply a tool used to do a job. It's not an object of reverence like it is to us aviation geeks.

And sometimes a tool is disposed of once the job is done. Especially if the residual value of the tool is minimal compared to overall project costs.

All religions / religious people seem to develop ways to get around the tenets of their religion. They are all rife with hypocrisy.

I grew up catholic. We couldn't eat meat on fridays. Unless it was enclosed in pastry :wink2:

I thought that lending and borrowing are un-Islamic. That means they'd be in trouble just for getting the loan...or is it just interest that's not allowed?

No, usury on the loan is forbidden.

Back