If you have to travel, sightsee while you're there...

Ghery

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Ghery Pettit
Well, I have some time to kill while I'm in Bangkok (amazing, my typical business trips are go, meet, go home). So I signed up for a tour of the Grand Palace today. Oh, wow. I've seen a number of palaces and castles in Europe, but this place is something else. I took a bunch of pictures and I've attached just a few. You've got to see this place to believe it. They replace all the decorations periodically to keep it looking like new. It was originally established in 1782 (and built in only 3 years by about 20,000 workers).

Glad I went...

If a picture is just labeled "Grand Palace" it's because there are too many things to name in a file name, or it wasn't labeled in the flyer.

Attachments

• 10 Phra Siratana Chedi.JPG
    10 Phra Siratana Chedi.JPG
    593.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 12 Grand Palace.JPG
    12 Grand Palace.JPG
    632.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 23 Entrance to Phra Mondop.JPG
    23 Entrance to Phra Mondop.JPG
    691.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 28 Grand Palace.JPG
    28 Grand Palace.JPG
    693 KB · Views: 8
  • 35 Exterior of Emerald Buddha Temple.JPG
    35 Exterior of Emerald Buddha Temple.JPG
    721 KB · Views: 13
  • 44 Rajkaranyasapha Hall.JPG
    44 Rajkaranyasapha Hall.JPG
    592.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 46 Grand Palace.JPG
    46 Grand Palace.JPG
    599.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Fabulous pictures.

Bangkok has long been on my list of "must see" places...

Beautiful pictures! Those are incredible!

About a month ago a friend of mine passed through there on her way to Kathmandu. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she took nearly the same pictures you did which is kind of interesting in itself. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to stand the suspense over the next several months until she gets back with the pictures.

I absolutely have got to extract myself from this rat race pothole and start seriously traveling.

Last edited:
Back