If you could time travel...

Christmas, 1974. The last time my entire family was alive and in the same house.

just out of curiosity, could I pimp my time travel machine? you know, spinners, low profiles, kickin stereo, hidden compartments for concealing blow...the works......if imma travel, imma travel in style, yo.

just out of curiosity, could I pimp my time travel machine? you know, spinners, low profiles, kickin stereo, hidden compartments for concealing blow...the works......if imma travel, imma travel in style, yo.

Well now wait a minute, if you time travel, wouldn't your vehicle already be pimped out according to the era?

Don't do a fail. Don't be eman1200, after having a tense but terse discussion with General Custer as he retreats on his horse, is unable to move because he never considered the fact that there were no gas stations available to fuel his 1974 Vega pimpled out in spinners and hydraulics.

For years, historians were unable to explain odd Indian artifacts found near the site, including a small number of round sheet metal shields, and a scalp bearing a haircut that was never known to be popular at the time.

I'd go back to 1956 and tell myself give that woman a ring---you don't need to sow any more wild oats.

Here it is 2015 and we've been married 12 years looking back on all we missed out on.

Meeting Nikola Tesla would be pretty badass.

I might go back to the hay day of barnstorming in Alaska.

kill_hitler.png

If you went back in time and caused something to happen such that you weren't born, would you go *poof*, and disappear?

Yes, once the information is altered then the resultant time stream is altered. Thing is backwards time travel within a universe is impossible since time doesn't rewind and creation is a continuous fluid act, so to travel back in time, you enter the universe at that time, so you would disappear from this one regardless success or failure, and will alter both universes accordingly.

I would not go back in time to change a thing because as anyone should realize any change in the past can have dire effects on the future which includes our present. I would not do anything that would result in me not meeting and marrying my sweet wife. I don't care how many millions of people theoretically could have been saved by killing a single individual in the past. There are no guarantees that you would get the results you want but you definitely risk getting results you do not want. My life isn't perfect but I would not want to risk making it worse. I have a fair amount of control on my future from this moment on. That is enough. What is past is past.

I would not go back in time to change a thing because as anyone should realize any change in the past can have dire effects on the future which includes our present. I would not do anything that would result in me not meeting and marrying my sweet wife. I don't care how many millions of people theoretically could have been saved by killing a single individual in the past. There are no guarantees that you would get the results you want but you definitely risk getting results you do not want. My life isn't perfect but I would not want to risk making it worse. I have a fair amount of control on my future from this moment on. That is enough. What is past is past.

You'll never know the difference.

Back to the days of the Prophet Muhammed, and make him write a ****** succession plan.

Does relativity count as time travel?

So, what if you travel 100 years into the future and find that your are dead and buried? :dunno:

Go back and convince George Lucas that his Star Wars project was the work of Satan and he would go to hell if he made it.

Oh yeah, kill baby Hilter !!

Last edited:
Go back and convince George Lucas that his Star Wars project was the work of satin and he would go to hell if he made it.

Oh yeah, kill baby Hilter !!

Wait...wouldn't that make Star Wars figurines "Satin Dolls"? :D

I might just go back 20-30 years so I can slap the s**t out of myself at a couple key points.

YES!!! :yes:

(Although for me, it would be more like 55 - 60 years.)

On further reflection, it would be far more appealing if it was in the form of a do-over, i.e., restarting my life from the age of ten or fifteen, but knowing what I know now.

Last edited:

That's a great comic strip!

While reading it, it occurred to me that it would be better to go back far enough to prevent the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, because World War I made World War II inevitable. But maybe that wouldn't have worked either, because in both cases, there were forces at work that were far bigger than any one individual.

But it wouldn't be the same future, same trouble as traveling to the past. You'll find out how some universe's future came out, but not this one.

I don't think that would be true until you came back.

I've already done this. I guess you didn't notice, but in our timeline, there was no thermonuclear exchange related to the Cuban Missile Crisis.

You can thank me with a free beer at Oshkosh. ;-)

Back