IACRA question

Arob16

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Arob16
Hello all -

I'm currently a Private, instrument ASEL, and I will be doing my commercial checkride next week. I have one question on the IACRA application (I think this was paper last time I did it): I noticed after completing the online form, my instrument rating didn't automatically populate in the application header. Is this a problem? Or is the intent just to apply for the certification, and my instrument rating will just carry over? First time I'm using the online system, so wanting to know if I screwed something up.

upload_2016-9-14_8-40-46.png

Attachments

• IACRA.JPG
    IACRA.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 15
Hello all -

I'm currently a Private, instrument ASEL, and I will be doing my commercial checkride next week. I have one question on the IACRA application (I think this was paper last time I did it): I noticed after completing the online form, my instrument rating didn't automatically populate in the application header. Is this a problem? Or is the intent just to apply for the certification, and my instrument rating will just carry over? First time I'm using the online system, so wanting to know if I screwed something up.

View attachment 47880
Unless you're trying to take the ride again, I wouldn't want it up there. Notice how commercial is populated rather than private.

It shows on the "Airman Information" section of the Applicant Console, under the "Airman Certificate Rating" tab. The 8710-1 form is just for what you're adding.

As @MauleSkinner said that is only the cert you are applying to receive. When you get to Section 3, Certificates Held, there you want to make sure your instrument rating is in there(if you got the instrument fairly recently it may not be in there. Before you submit the application it will show you what your new cert will say on it, as long as that is correct, all the certification stuff was done correctly.

As they said, you are not reapplying for an instrument rating. Just the Commercial Airplane, single engine.

Excellent. Thanks for helping to clear it up guys.

Adam

Back