I would rather see . . .

etsisk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iYiYi
someone wrapped in the constitution and burning the flag than someone wrapped in the flag and burning the constitution.

I read that the other day and it stuck with me. Thought I'd share! :D

Hmmm, how about wrapped in a burning flag while being forced to read the Constitution? Was that too harsh ? :hairraise:

I reckon it depends on what they did to get themselves in that situation in the first place! :D

etsisk said:
I reckon it depends on what they did to get themselves in that situation in the first place! :D

Well, I've got a few candidates in mind. At least when I am in a bad mood.

alaskaflyer said:
Hmmm, how about wrapped in a burning flag while being forced to read the Constitution? Was that too harsh ? :hairraise:

A couple of years ago we had a series of photos come through our database of a group of middle eastern guys burning a fake American flag. What made the photos so hilarious was that the leader of the pack so to speak, had drenched the "flag" in gasoline and when he set a match to it, both he and the flag went up in flames. Lucky for him, he wasn't seriously hurt. He just lost some hair and his eyebrows. :hairraise::rofl::rofl:

Frank Browne said:
A couple of years ago we had a series of photos come through our database of a group of middle eastern guys burning a fake American flag. What made the photos so hilarious was that the leader of the pack so to speak, had drenched the "flag" in gasoline and when he set a match to it, both he and the flag went up in flames. Lucky for him, he wasn't seriously hurt. He just lost some hair and his eyebrows. :hairraise::rofl::rofl:

You mean this one? :D

Attachments

• UH10325.jpg
    UH10325.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 22
Not intending to derail this thread....

This thread reminds me of a recent event which occurred in Apache Junction, AZ. Some students tried to run the Mexican flag up the pole, some other students stopped them, and on subsequent attempt to run up the flag, aa student lit the flag on fire. All students involved were suspended. I don't know the length of the suspension.

The nat'l media descended on the story and in her attempt to explain the suspensions, the school principal said, "No one has the right to burn a flag."

Seems like both were burned in this story.

Richard said:
The nat'l media descended on the story and in her attempt to explain the suspensions, the school principal said, "No one has the right to burn a flag."

I sure that we all agree that nobody has the right to burn a flag owned by another individual. Right?

It's one thing to show up at a rally and burn your own flag (which I fully support), but quite another to set the flag of the guy next to you on fire.

MSmith said:
I sure that we all agree that nobody has the right to burn a flag owned by another individual. Right?

It's one thing to show up at a rally and burn your own flag (which I fully support), but quite another to set the flag of the guy next to you on fire.

LOL! Excellent point.

MSmith said:

Yes, but I was more concerned with the principal's remarks. She had led the school board in a drive to prohibit any student from bringing 'nationalistic' property onto school grounds. That decision was rescinded quickly after parent protestations. And the suspensions extended to all students involved.

Richard said:
Yes, but I was more concerned with the principal's remarks. She had led the school board in a drive to prohibit any student from bringing 'nationalistic' property onto school grounds. That decision was rescinded quickly after parent protestations. And the suspensions extended to all students involved.

As the son of a school administrator (teacher through principal through superintendent), I wholeheartedly agree. Sometimes folks overreact.

Sometimes it's hard to keep your head. My father told me of one case.

Girl has been antagonized by Guy for ... ever. They are both seniors.

On the day in question, she is sitting in the senior lounge. He's flicking bits of paper into her hair from across the room. She gets fed up, goes over, and dumps a 1/2 pint of milk over his head.

He then buys 2x 1/2 pint of milk and lots of cookies. He eats all of the above, and then forces himself to vomit it back into the container. He later dumps the vomitus over her head.

(I'm a hockey fan, so I'm thinking 2 minutes for roughing to her and 5 minutes for fighting to him)

My father gives her a 2 or 3-day in-school suspension and him a 5-day out of school suspension.

Guy is a senior baseball player. Guy's father demands that he be allowed to play baseball or he won't be seen by scouts.

Girl's father (or both parents, can't remember) are psychiatrists. They get Famous Local Citizen (a friend of the family) involved. Suddenly my father gets calls from school board members demanding to expel him. My father spends his evenings for a week talking board members down from their emotional state.

At the next school board meeting, both families make presentations in closed session. Girl's family wants Guy expelled - including testimony to the damage to her self-esteem. My father refuses to change the punishment, and the school board has to be told by their attorney that under state law the Superintendent makes decisions on student punishment - not the school board. Guy's father wants suspension revoked so he can play baseball.

Guy's family eventually files a suit to have the suspension reversed. I believe they got laughed out of Administrative Court.

A school administrator's job is tough. Usually, it's the parents that are MOST of the problem.

Mark, I agree there. My senior year in HS. Star player and team capt urinates in my locker after morning practice. Coach rounds the corner in time to see me kick the guy in the privates. Big flap, principal, AD, and parents involved. I get off free, he goes down for week long suspension. Team blames me for the whole shebang and his parents 'uninvite' me from ever visiting their home again. So ended our 5 yr friendship. If coach hadn't rounded the corner and if his parents hadn't contested the suspension it would have ended differently. IF

Peeing in a guy's locker is offensive, yes, but it's a HS guy thing. Think of it as another round in the game of payback.

MSmith said:
He then buys 2x 1/2 pint of milk and lots of cookies. He eats all of the above, and then forces himself to vomit it back into the container. He later dumps the vomitus over her head.
:vomit:

That might be the grossest thing I've ever read.

That's escalation for you.

infotango said:
:vomit:

That might be the grossest thing I've ever read.

That's escalation for you.

Don't make start telling stories of what we would do to nuggets on their first flight when I was in the Air Force. :vomit:

Yeah, me too.

Apparently, the kid had impulse control issues.

Back