I was offended when...

Oh, and ladies, especially those over 50 weighing 92 lbs riding a 1300 lb bike... Ladies I ask you to pick your bike off the ground and put it on the stand; either side, your choice. If you can't do that, you have no business being in that bike...:rofl: Palm Beach bikers.., :rolleyes:.

I'm offended that you are trying to corner the jerk and peeve thread market.

I'm offended anyone would question whether or not I've got that market cornered!

>>>>> ; ) <<<<<

Figured I'd start a thread where people can finish the sentence "I was offended when..."

I'll start.

I was offended when I told someone I was a small engine pilot and they said 'like RC planes?' "NO!! Like Cessna and Pipers" I guess I don't know what to call it. When I told people I got my pilots license they use to say "Oh so you can fly the 747's?" <sigh>

I don't get offended. But this reminds me of a guy who was offended when I asked him if an RC plane was easier to fly than a real one. I now say "full size" instead of "real".

I don't get offended. But this reminds me of a guy who was offended when I asked him if an RC plane was easier to fly than a real one. I now say "full size" instead of "real".

Those are "full size" breasts. Not "real" breasts.

I'm less offended than amused when some smartassed know-it-all proclaims that everyone but Himself should start off with a girl's bike before riding half a ton of touring Harley. It only makes it more entertaining when said smartassed know-it-all has previously regaled the enthralled assemblage with tales of flying everything from the Wright Flyer to a P-38 before he was out of short pants.

Obligatory :) appended.

I'm less offended than amused when some smartassed know-it-all proclaims that everyone but Himself should start off with a girl's bike before riding half a ton of touring Harley. It only makes it more entertaining when said smartassed know-it-all has previously regaled the enthralled assemblage with tales of flying everything from the Wright Flyer to a P-38 before he was out of short pants.

Obligatory :) appended.

Lol, everyone that learns to ride has three crashes coming, two lows and a high. You're choice if you want to have them on a heavy bike....:dunno::rolleyes::rofl:

I did my low and high on 400cc twins back in the 70s... you know, when I was young and stupid and had NO business on a bike. Both happened at very low speeds, thank God. No plans for a third, thanks -- if I thought I was due another I wouldn't ride. Being an old geezer on a road sofa, I've gotten a lot better at staying ahead of the bike and staying out of trouble.

Plus this one's just loud enough to keep most traffic and critters out of the way, without being too offensive. I mean, I'd hate to have my neighbors posting in this thread.

My first day on the deck at the aquatic center one of the patrons asked me if I was a real lifeguard and if I had taken the same lifeguard class as the younger guards. I actually get asked that every once in a while. It used to offend me a little, but I've kind of gotten over it and it doesn't bother me that much anymore.

Truth be told, the idea of someone being 'in charge' at a swimming pool offends me too.

I tend to get offended when I'm standing at the bar and people ask me if I can find the bartender. I may look like the bouncer, but I'm not. I have a drink in front of me already.

I am offended by people flying certified planes. :D

Why on earth would rational pilots fly spam cans when experimental aircraft are faster, more powerful, more economical, easier to fly, and newer? :confused:

:D

So they can fly for Angel Flight

Truth be told, the idea of someone being 'in charge' at a swimming pool offends me too.
They are called Pool Managers, and I think most pools have one. Maybe hotel pools don't. I am a Deck Shift Leader, which means that I coordinate 18 to 25 lifeguards who rotate through 15 stations. Have you been to very many pools or aquatics centers? Just wondering why it offends you that someone is in charge at a swimming pool?:dunno:

They are called Pool Managers, and I think most pools have one. Maybe hotel pools don't. I am a Deck Shift Leader, which means that I coordinate 18 to 25 lifeguards who rotate through 15 stations. Have you been to very many pools or aquatics centers? Just wondering why it offends you that someone is in charge at a swimming pool?:dunno:

Different backgrounds I guess.

Yeah. I fly 91K and 135. Bump into very few private catfish pilots. They never come up looking for a tour as they have their own.

Who knows though, times are tough. Got a feeling I may be hitting the street soon looking for another gig. I'd post about that here but on that topic I'm WAAAAY past 'peeve'.

The only reason they are there is to kick people out of the pool who wear captains hats while swimming..:yesnod:;):rofl:

I can be offended when someone hits on my wife, but if she's ok with it, why should I care then?

Look, I grew up in a connected Sicilian family. I was a pretty decent outfielder who hit for average in the live ball era. I went to law school and practice law and ran for office and served as an elected official for ten years.

I know how to be insulted. Trust me when I say it's over rated and not worth the effort to be insulted most of the time.

Yea, I never understood that. We have a VP for a reason.

The office of the President of the United States is to be protected at all costs. Not so much the person.

I think every reasonable precaution should be taken to protect his safety, but reasonable does not mean to shut down every freeway and overpass he rides on over, or under.

And from the time JFK was assasinated, how long did it take for the U.S. to have a new VP, and what Constitutional Amendment made that happen?

Here's at hint: for the latter question, the number is between 23 and 27.

I was offended when some mechanic I upset tightened my oil filter too tight and I couldn't get it off.

I can be offended when someone hits on my wife, but if she's ok with it, why should I care then?

Look, I grew up in a connected Sicilian family. I was a pretty decent outfielder who hit for average in the live ball era. I went to law school and practice law and ran for office and served as an elected official for ten years.

I know how to be insulted. Trust me when I say it's over rated and not worth the effort to be insulted most of the time.

That, there, is sound counsel, counsel. Don't get mad; get on with life and its business.

You know what? I say go ahead and hit on my girl! Buy her drinks! Get her dinner! That will save me some bucks. But when it's time to get jiggy with it, move over because I'm taking over. When I'm done, feel free to talk to her afterwards!

Win win situation!

You know what? I say go ahead and hit on my girl! Buy her drinks! Get her dinner! That will save me some bucks. But when it's time to get jiggy with it, move over because I'm taking over. When I'm done, feel free to talk to her afterwards!

Win win situation!

Yup. Never understood the guys that bring their girl to a place and then want to fight when other guys pay attention to her. If you didn't want people to look at her, why did you bring her with you?

I know that she's going home with me, and that's all that matters. The first time she doesn't will be the last time, and we both know it. I trust her to have fun but keep it under control, and she trusts me to let her have some fun. We both trust each other enough to not ever let it get out of control, and we end up in the same bedroom together each night.

Back