I want to buy a "T" Hangar

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
I would like to buy a "T" Hangar in the Las Vegas area. Several Hangars are for sale but looks like same person selling them and firm on price. What is the best way to get a Hangar for a fair price, or what should I be looking at $$$.

buy a lot at ""Triangle Airpark, White Hills, AZ 86445"" and build your hangar.

I would like to buy a "T" Hangar in the Las Vegas area. Several Hangars are for sale but looks like same person selling them and firm on price. What is the best way to get a Hangar for a fair price, or what should I be looking at $$$.

Define fair price. It all depends on the market. Maybe the Vegas guy's price is the fair price for that area. Busy, metropolitan area, they cost a fortune. Sleepy backwoods strip, you can get one for salvage prices.

I had hope that someone might have the history of the Hangars around KBVU or KVGT and a good idea of a fair price. I am sure that some of the asking prices are what they would like to get for the Hangars, what they are selling for might be a lot less.

Wouldn't it be the same as buying a house? offer / counter offer?

In my rural, country airport, I have seen two Port a Port T hangars come up for sale for around $20k. When I was in Oakland, I saw an Executive Port a Port for sale for around $40k. Don't know if this helps at all, or has anything to do with the price of cheese in Las Vegas though.

Wouldn't it be the same as buying a house? offer / counter offer?

Yes, but valuation do a hangar is much different. Typically you're buying the structure and taking over a ground lease with the airport. Depending on the terms of the lease, the structure may revert to the airport at the end of the lease period. A hangar with 25 years remaining will likely be valued more than one with only 5 years remaining.

Yes, but valuation do a hangar is much different. Typically you're buying the structure and taking over a ground lease with the airport. Depending on the terms of the lease, the structure may revert to the airport at the end of the lease period. A hangar with 25 years remaining will likely be valued more than one with only 5 years remaining.

We have 1 local airport that the city owns the property, and will lease you a lot, at 800 per year. the city counsel is 5 members 4 of which lives at the airport in their hangars. :) we like that arrangement.

its pretty annoying when you try to look for a hangar and you only find that waiting lists are 20 years long. It makes me want to build my own airport, which only i can use and no one else.

Back