I want Judy's job

Ghery

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Ghery Pettit
Good grief. She travels like I do, but it's by GA. No airlines. No TSA. Set your own schedule. Sounds like heaven to me. Oh well, off to SEA for an America West pressurized aluminum tube bus ride to PHX this afternoon. Yuck. :vomit:

She is a University faculty member somewhere in the Western US. Montana maybe. My memory isn't working well today. I think she is a geologist. I don't know how much field work she does anymore but she sure gets to travel by GA a lot!

Saw her on the Discovery Channel once!

Well, since were on the subject. I want Bill Gates job.

Michael said:
Well, since were on the subject. I want Bill Gates job.

You want the job or the salary/benifits?

lancefisher said:
You want the job or the salary/benifits?
I would eat cockroaches 22 out of the 24 hours a day we have for his money. i dont really care what the job description is. just want his money :)
money cant buy happiness my a$$.

Frank Browne said:
She is a University faculty member somewhere in the Western US. Montana maybe. My memory isn't working well today. I think she is a geologist. I don't know how much field work she does anymore but she sure gets to travel by GA a lot!

Saw her on the Discovery Channel once!
Dean of College of Paleoclimatology at the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho. Geologist and a great pilot...

NC Pilot said:
Dean of College of Paleoclimatology at the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho.

Paleoclimatology means the study of man made global warming in pre-historic times, before man existed.

Michael said:
I would eat cockroaches 22 out of the 24 hours a day we have for his money. i dont really care what the job description is. just want his money :)
money cant buy happiness my a$$.

Money many not be able to buy happiness, and it may not be the most important thing in the world, but I will try to buy the happiness and whatever is more important can be bought, given enough money.

I'll take the cash.:D

NC Pilot said:
Dean of College of Paleoclimatology at the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho. Geologist and a great pilot...

Well, almost. I'm dean of science, as well as a professor of geology. Paleoclimatology is my specialty within geology. The rest is correct, especially the part about being a great pilot.:rofl:

GA is actually the most cost- and time-effective way to do what is an important part of my job--fund-raising. Our alumni are scattered all over the country and are not concentrated at hub airports. The fact that it is also fun is "just" a side benefit. My schedule is not entirely my own. Appointments with alumni always take first precedence. But sometimes I end up with cancellations or holes in my schedule, and I try to squeeze visits to friends and fellow forum participants into the holes.

Judy

judypilot said:
GA is actually the most cost- and time-effective way to do what is an important part of my job--fund-raising.

Judy. Do you get commissions? :)

Anthony said:
Judy. Do you get commissions? :)

Yeah. I get to keep my job.:p No, no commissions. This is for the benefit of the university, not me, although obviously, the more money the university raises the better off my budget will be.

In fact, it costs me personally to do things this way. The U will only refund fuel, not wear and tear (even though they reimbursed wear and tear on a private vehicle). So I eat the cost of the set-aside for engine rebuild. But then again, the more you fly, the better off the engine is, and besides, it's a HECK of a lot more fun and therefore worth it to me.

Judy

judypilot said:
Well, almost. I'm dean of science, as well as a professor of geology. Paleoclimatology is my specialty within geology. The rest is correct, especially the part about being a great pilot.:rofl:

Judy

Sorry, I got most of that from the U of Idaho website. And we all know you are a Great Pilot...:yes:

BTW, I met a graduate of the University of Idaho a few weeks ago. Degree was in Chemical Engineering and works now North of Moscow in Coeur d'Alene.

judypilot said:
In fact, it costs me personally to do things this way. The U will only refund fuel, not wear and tear (even though they reimbursed wear and tear on a private vehicle). So I eat the cost of the set-aside for engine rebuild. But then again, the more you fly, the better off the engine is, and besides, it's a HECK of a lot more fun and therefore worth it to me.

Judy

I wonder if you can convince them to reimburse you on the per-mile rate used by the gov't (which is probably how they reimburse folks for private auto)? And if not, whether there's some way for you to deduct some of the wear and tear as unreimbursed expenses, the way teachers do with the school supplies they buy with their own $$$ when their school system is too broke or miserly to cover it?

I imagine you probably have a good accountant who's thought of this, however.

F.W. Birdman said:
Money many not be able to buy happiness, and it may not be the most important thing in the world, but I will try to buy the happiness and whatever is more important can be bought, given enough money.

I'll take the cash.:D

I don't know about that KP. Spent a few years with the ex who has a lot of money. Not near what Gates has, but enough that he just went out and bought a S600 Benz this week, and new c-class for his Indonesian mail-order bride that just arrived here two weeks ago, and brand new Camrys for the twins (don't know what was wrong with the 2005 models they got last year.........) and spent over $500,000.00 remodeling the house.

The money was nice. Spending 1500$ a week at Nordstroms was fun, the month long trip to Europe was fun, the jewelry, the 'stuff', the big expensive house, the 'never having to worry about anything and just go out and buy what I wanted' was great. But the mind games and crap he used to pull on me were not worth it. I packed up my Corvette one afternoon and left. Lived in the bosses motorhome at the airport for a few months till I got my life together.

I may have to work for a living now, but I am sooooo much happier.

But it would be even better if I had the ex's money. Maybe he'll get run over by a truck next week.

Back