I want (airplane drool thread)

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I want a Velocity Twin but with two TIO-540's. 4 turbos. How fast would that be?

You buy that, I'll fly with you in it. Looks major-hubba.

Or, get that Velocity with the turbine I saw in Fredericksburg...

The Velocities are nice! I wish they kept the winglets though.

As cool as they are though, I still would take a Howard over it any day!
65aa6c87dd713fc49512c69a6bddf5c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've been drooling over the new Cirrus SF50 lately.
So have I! I saw a video with Mike Goulian who demoed it at OSH. Said it flies just like an SR series and most competent instrument pilots could transition easily. That would be the dream!

So have I! I saw a video with Mike Goulian who demoed it at OSH. Said it flies just like an SR series and most competent instrument pilots could transition easily. That would be the dream!
Yup! And it's less than half the price of the single-engine turboprops that it comes close to competing with.

Wait there is one rule. Must post at least one HD photo of the object of your desire.

Sexy aint it?
cirrus-aircraft_vision-sf50_c1_2_.jpg

I know last time we had a thread on it, some said it was ugly. I actually like the looks of it. That tail cone is gonna get torched and the cabin noise is said to be high but it's good looking aircraft.

I know last time we had a thread on it, some said it was ugly. I actually like the looks of it. That tail cone is gonna get torched and the cabin noise is said to be high but it's good looking aircraft.
I like the looks too, it fits Cirrus well. They claim that the V-tail design and engine placement would lower cabin noise, but that might not hold true under actual testing.

Cabin noise is high compared to twin jets but it doesn't make sense to compare it those anyway. It makes a lot more sense to compare it to single-engine turboprops based on performance and acquisition/operating costs. As far as looks I think it looks a lot better in the 2-tone color paint rather than just white and it is definitely a little weird looking from some angles but I still like the way it looks.

Cabin noise is high compared to twin jets but it doesn't make sense to compare it those anyway. It makes a lot more sense to compare it to single-engine turboprops based on performance and acquisition/operating costs. As far as looks I think it looks a lot better in the 2-tone color paint rather than just white and it is definitely a little weird looking from some angles but I still like the way it looks.
Yea I do too, I just grabbed the first HQ image I could find. It does look a bit 'experimental' with its unconventional characteristics, but it's unique.

@Omalley1537 that plane is based at a fly-in several of my good friends live at, I frequently see it when visiting them, got a pic sitting in it once! Beautiful bird

@Clark1961 you have excellent taste, best thing in this thread so far

I happen to think the SF50 is ugly, BUT I want it anyway. It's ugly and unique looking, and a jet with one engine sign me up.

Still prefer a TBM930 over just about anything in that size range

I happen to think the SF50 is ugly, BUT I want it anyway. It's ugly and unique looking, and a jet with one engine sign me up.

Still prefer a TBM930 over just about anything in that size range
Yea the TBM930 is more capable in every way, but it's more than double the price. I suppose that doesn't matter for a drool thread. The SF50 does have the advantage of the chute.

It would be fast but boring... A simple J-3 Cub would be WAAAAYY MORE FUN!

I never thought I'd see the day that Fast and boring are in the same sentence!!

I've been drooling over the new Cirrus SF50 lately.

At Sun and Fun I got in a shell of the SF50 and I have to admit that it was VERY comfortable. The most comfortable GA aircraft I have ever sat in.

Bonanza G36 with tip tanks:

maxresdefault.jpg

Or Mooney Acclaim S (I like the older ones)

Mooney.png

Both are traveling airplanes which fits my mission well. I can't decide which one.

There are so many. But, this little carbon fiber replica is the object of my desire:

2824584.jpg

Back