I voted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I filled out my ballot a week ago (or more). My wife dropped it, along our son's and hers, in the drop box on the way to work this morning. I'm not about to put a stamp on the envelope and allow the US Snail to lose it.

I wrote in a candidate in 2004. Last time I voted. People have no concept that in an electoral college system (yes Im talking macro elections here), individual voting is irrelevant, districting is all that matters.

Everybody is too busy to hawk the issues, and the representatives we send on our behalf are bought and paid for by "constituents" with bigger pockets than we'll ever have. We still have pitchforks and the ability to make it going to the shopping mall a nasty experience for the "have's" though. So essentially that's what we do and all that really matters. We "vote" as a gesture of maintaining the same status quo withing +/- 10 degrees needle deflection, left or right; it doesn't matter it's all the same. When and if the thing goes full deflection that's when the real "voting", i.e. torching the streets, will be relevant. So no, I didn't vote. I pay taxes and serve in uniform, that's about the extent of my "buy-in" in the system and what entitles me to pitch in my 2 cents in spite of not voting (technically the 1st amdnt). Civil disobedience will always be a more powerful catalyst for change than "voting" for non-choices.

I wrote in a candidate in 2004. Last time I voted. People have no concept that in an electoral college system (yes Im talking macro elections here), individual voting is irrelevant, districting is all that matters.

In most states (ME and NE being the exceptions), districting has no impact on electoral college votes at all.

My vote has been cast.

Pretty good turnout! Was number 59 at 7:15AM. We are a pretty small community so even 59 people voting is a significant turnout.

Gary

The wife and I voted early this morning before going to work.

Who are the live felons voting for?

The live ones ????? anyone they choose. it doesn't matter to the Democrats, as long as they vote, and vote often.

Done. Voter #332 @ 8:00AM. Feingold is going down.

He's the only Democratic candidate I would really want to win. He kept the public option out because he follows senate rules assiduously, and he voted against the Un-Patriot Act twice, and was the only guy with the stones to vote against it when it was considered political suicide.

The rest of the field? Bah! Platitude spewers one and all. Barrett or Walker? Pointless. Kagen or Ribble? Pointless. And so on, POINTLESS!

Once more, I will go into the booth, grit my teeth, and vote for the person I think will be least harmful.

:sigh:

But I do have my sample ballot printed and check-marked, so off we go...

The live ones ????? anyone they choose. it doesn't matter to the Democrats, as long as they vote, and vote often.

As someone that has heard this charge from both sides in multiple states: put up or shut up. Same thing I tell people that claim "intimidation" at the polls.

Of course facts don't stop partisans from believing their own reality. There has to be a "dirty trick" reason your preferred candidate lost. See: Diebold, Acorn, et al.

As someone that has heard this charge from both sides in multiple states: put up or shut up. Same thing I tell people that claim "intimidation" at the polls.

Of course facts don't stop partisans from believing their own reality. There has to be a "dirty trick" reason your preferred candidate lost. See: Diebold, Acorn, et al.

You guys better watch it, you're going to get this sent to the Spin Zone. It won't be my fault. :D

My (3rd party) candiates always lose, so I have no partisanship on who stole what. Do some research on the 1960 election in Illinois (more specifically Cook County) and I'm sure you'll find more than enough irregularity to convict in a civil court.

My (3rd party) candiates always lose, so I have no partisanship on who stole what. Do some research on the 1960 election in Illinois (more specifically Cook County) and I'm sure you'll find more than enough irregularity to convict in a civil court.

Not to sound indignant, but wouldn't that be like the Democratic party harping Watergate, and just as pointless? Got anything that was proven in in a court of law within the last decade or two?

I don't recall any myself, but I remember plenty of unsubstantiated whining about Diebold and ACORN.

... I don't recall any myself, but I remember plenty of unsubstantiated whining about Diebold and ACORN.
I think the whining about Diebold is non-partisan, and is simply an expression of concern (deservedly so) over the machines' vulnerability to fraud. I don't recall ever hearing an accusation of a specific instance of that fraud actually occurring in the wild.
-harry

I think the whining about Diebold is non-partisan, and is simply an expression of concern (deservedly so) over the machines' vulnerability to fraud. I don't recall ever hearing an accusation of a specific instance of that fraud actually occurring in the wild.
-harry

I remember plenty of Dems whining about them in '04. To be fair though, Nevada Republicans are whining about them this year...

Oh, and no proven fraud by them... AFAIK

It is a catch 22 to find fraud in their machines as they produce no records of the votes cast, only of the totals. There has been demonstration of how fraud could occur. They are a bad design and I know a lot of clerks have been taking them out of service the past couple of elections.

If you are in California, DEFEAT the aviator-haters!
-Senator Barbara Boxer started her political career by snuffing out civilian re-use of Hamilton AFB.
-Treasurer Candidate Mimi Walters led the fight to prevent civilian re-use of El Toro MCAS.

To learn more, please visit
http://nonimbys.blogspot.com

Not to sound indignant, but wouldn't that be like the Democratic party harping Watergate, and just as pointless? Got anything that was proven in in a court of law within the last decade or two?

I don't recall any myself, but I remember plenty of unsubstantiated whining about Diebold and ACORN.

I was only speaking about the dead voting. But there was the Milwaukee Food incident in one of the past couple presidential elections.

If you are in California, DEFEAT the aviator-haters!
-Senator Barbara Boxer started her political career by snuffing out civilian re-use of Hamilton AFB.
-Treasurer Candidate Mimi Walters led the fight to prevent civilian re-use of El Toro MCAS.

To learn more, please visit
http://nonimbys.blogspot.com
But the alternative to Boxer is to back a person who represents a party dedicated to charging us all user fees!

Yep.

My first election was as a write in. In Illinois there are a lot of hoops to jump through to be a write. I know one person got 15 votes yet lost to me with my 7 votes because he failed to register as a write in candidate. Another person lost to me with his 10 votes because he only registered as a write-in in one county when the office that we were running for is for a district that was in two counties. Several of his votes came from that county that he was not registered in and the votes were discarded.

Wow thats a hassel. In PA a write-in is a write in. You just go in the booth and type the name of your write in candiate on the screen and if they gets the most votes they win.

Wow thats a hassel. In PA a write-in is a write in. You just go in the booth and type the name of your write in candiate on the screen and if they gets the most votes they win.
It was a hassle. But thankfully I knew how to play the game better than my opponents so I won. When you think about it, who do you really want to win, the guy with the most votes or the guy who can work the system? ;)

I remember plenty of Dems whining about them in '04. To be fair though, Nevada Republicans are whining about them this year...

It is a catch 22 to find fraud in their machines as they produce no records of the votes cast, only of the totals. There has been demonstration of how fraud could occur. They are a bad design and I know a lot of clerks have been taking them out of service the past couple of elections.

DC had a contest to allow hackers to try and break into the new electronic machines they were considering purchasing.

I think it took less than a day.... the hackers were able to change votes and change the names on the ballot.

DC had a contest to allow hackers to try and break into the new electronic machines they were considering purchasing.

I think it took less than a day.... the hackers were able to change votes and change the names on the ballot.

Isn't it funny though that in 04 it was one party complaining and now it's the other?

He's the only Democratic candidate I would really want to win. He kept the public option out because he follows senate rules assiduously, and he voted against the Un-Patriot Act twice, and was the only guy with the stones to vote against it when it was considered political suicide.

A-freakin'-men. Feingold is the only politician I actually LIKE, because he has the cojones to not only stand up to his own party, but to vote the correct way on things like the Patriot Act that are political hot-buttons.

And now we have RonJohn, who seems like an all right guy, but I don't think he's any different than anyone else in Washington already was. I wish he'd waited a couple of years and run against Kohl instead. :frown2:

FWIW, I voted at 6:30 PM and was voter 3075 - So we were already past 75% with an hour and a half to go. Pretty impressive turnout for a non-presidential election.

Voted yesterday. Turnout was bigger then I expected. I actually had to stand in line for 2 or 3 minutes.

I did a few years back. The requirements to get on the ballot were ridiculous if you weren't nominated by one of the big two.

And they aim to keep it that way too.........:incazzato:

Ben.

I filled out my ballot a week ago (or more). My wife dropped it, along our son's and hers, in the drop box on the way to work this morning. I'm not about to put a stamp on the envelope and allow the US Snail to lose it.

The problem is the delivery of the contents of that drop box to the official vote count station in contracted out to Murray and sons courier service..:crazy::crazy::crazy::dunno:

Last edited:
I voted straight Libertarian for the first time in a while. Rep. and Dem. just suck this time around.

I also voted for the measure to legalize pot, but it didn't pass. >:-(

I voted straight Libertarian for the first time in a while. Rep. and Dem. just suck this time around.

I also voted for the measure to legalize pot, but it didn't pass. >:-(

"Hi, I am from the FAA, and I have a few questions for you..."

"Hi, I am from the FAA, and I have a few questions for you..."

If California HAd passed it, I'm sure it would be just a matter of time before Federal laws follow suit, including any FAA prohibitions against recreational use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back