I thought positive aviation coverage was extinct

schmookeeg

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Mike Brannigan
Great read. Its all about finding your "Houston Center voice". Having said that, most controllers Ive met are pretty dry and concise on frequency and then unplugged they are a lot of fun.

Cool under pressure,it's what you need I an emergency. If the controller gets excited it does nothing for the people involved or the situation.

Apparently someone thinks there is a fascinated soul out there who wants to read about the feats of the airspace system..

http://www.theatlantic.com/national...to-close-the-airport/386971/?single_page=true

Thought it was a pleasant bright spot in my internet news scan. Maybe it will inspire a person or two to dig deeper and learn just how awesome it all is.

Every little bit helps :dunno:

As a journalist who flies (like Jim Fallows), I couldn't agree more. And on those rare occasions when I get to do an aviation story, I'm pleasantly surprised by how many non-fliers respond.

The author, James Fallows, is a GA pilot (SR22, I think). He writes about GA with some regularity.

Listening to this I wonder whether in this condition the next flight should have been cleared for landing when the plane in front hadn't cleared the runway.

Last edited:
Listening to this I wonder whether in this condition the next flight should have been cleared for landing when the plane in front hadn't cleared the runway.

That is how it's done in other parts of the world.

Back