I thought pilots argue for no reason all day long

Most online forums are hostile, and for seemingly no reason. It can even get rough around here occasionally.

One truck forum that is nothing but good vibes is ColoradoFans. Talk about a group of people in a good mood who enjoy showing off their trucks. And what's cool is the help they throw out there for idiots like me facing one problem or another.

I tripped across the forum when I encountered a problem with the security system (Passlock). Took it to the dealer who charged me $75 diagnostic fee, said it was the battery and charged me $350 for a 30 month battery. I was ****ed. And even more so when it failed to work. So back I went, another $75 diagnostic fee, $400 to reset some codes and all was well. For about a year. So I Googled the problem, came across this forum, found out it's a common problem and a PITA with no good solution. The best solution is to cut a blue wire with a white stripe. Or is it a white wire with a blue stripe? At any rate, there are lots of blue and white wires and apparently it's a big deal if you cut the wrong one. Like the solution is reconnecting the wires and paying the dealership another $400 to reset the codes.

So someone does an excellent job with a youtube video showing exactly which wire to cut. I'm not a fan of people who aren't me. Tend to think the worst of them. But every now and then you find a forum like Coloradofans and your faith in (part of) humanity is restored.

Geek forums can get pretty rough. Except CSS forums. They tend to be mellow for some reason. I guess because it's art of sorts.

Rich

Back