I thought it was urban legend

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
Now that CO has legalized pot, one of the unintended consequences is that mile marker 420 on I-70 in eastern Colorado kept getting stolen.

The highway department changed the sign to discourage theft.

Stoners do make the world an interesting place.

Attachments

• Yellowtone Trip - 24 Aug 14 001 small.jpg
    Yellowtone Trip - 24 Aug 14 001 small.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 298
Okay I'm dense. I don't get it. What does 420 mean?

10 2 4 are indeed the marketing times to consume Dr. Pepper. The assertion from the company that medical research showed your body energy sagged at roughly those times and you should get a boost.

Amusingly Coke and Dr. Pepper have a lot of litigious history. Dr. Pepper successfully sued them over Cokes "Peppo" and later "Dr. Pibb" brands which persists as Mr. Pibb. Various other antitrust suits against Coke were instigated by the Peppers.

As Mitch Hedberg (RIP) would say "Mr. Pibb is a replica of Dr. Pepper... but it's the bull**** replica, cause dude didn't even get his degree. "

Despite it's medical name and the fact that it was developed in a pharmacy (as many of the early soda brands were), it has never had opium or even any drug other than the later addition of caffeine. It was designed a mix of sugary fruit juices and fizzy water. The "pep" in it came from the sugar.

Despite it's medical name and the fact that it was developed in a pharmacy (as many of the early soda brands were), it has never had opium or even any drug other than the later addition of caffeine. It was designed a mix of sugary fruit juices and fizzy water. The "pep" in it came from the sugar.

And Dr. Pepper never had prune juice in it. :no:

Here in New Mexico highway 666 had its signs stolen regularly. According to my deep and extensive 1 minute internet search, Highway 666 got its name for being the 6th highway to cross Route 66 in New Mexico. There still is a highway 566 east of old highway 666.

Here in New Mexico highway 666 had its signs stolen regularly. According to my deep and extensive 1 minute internet search, Highway 666 got its name for being the 6th highway to cross Route 66 in New Mexico. There still is a highway 566 east of old highway 666.

Missouri letters instead of numbers their tertiary highways. Some are single letters, some double. Hwy K, Hwy B, Hwy TT, etc.

Just up the road from me is the intersection of Hwy K and Hwy KK. Yes, the signs at the intersection reads K,KK.

I have a hard time believing that it was accidental or coincidental. Especially knowing this area as well as I do. Rush is from here and the average person around here makes Rush look like a liberal.

Never underestimate the power of some people to do stupid things.

In far northern California, there is a town called Weed. Really. It's actually a fairly nice place, and doesn't smell nearly as bad as you might think given the name.

One day in college, I found the HUGE city limit sign sitting in a public location after an away game against UW.

No, tea time is 4 sharp, you spark up after tea.;)

Now I'm trying to remember. We pulled into Fort Collins on a Sat afternoon, and it might have been 4:20. Two guys were at a busy intersection, waiting for the crosswalk sign to change, and weren't even bothering to hide the toke they were sharing.

Now I'm trying to remember. We pulled into Fort Collins on a Sat afternoon, and it might have been 4:20. Two guys were at a busy intersection, waiting for the crosswalk sign to change, and weren't even bothering to hide the toke they were sharing.

Was that your first visit to a college town?

Ft. Collins is hardly unique in that regard. Even before legalization.

That's Ft. Collins every day of the week. Don't get up there much?

My favorite part of traveling in the Western U.S. by road is that there are still plenty of exits off of major Interstates that say, "No Name".

Sooner or later someone will move there and demand they name the place. The beginning of the end.

I'm kinda bummed they're about to pave the "summer shortcut" to my place. County road, 4.3 miles of dirt coming from that direction. It'll be paved before winter. :(

That's Ft. Collins every day of the week. Don't get up there much?

No. I get to Woodland Park often enough to see my folks, but never made it up to Fort Collins until just recently.

My favorite part of traveling in the Western U.S. by road is that there are still plenty of exits off of major Interstates that say, "No Name".

Sooner or later someone will move there and demand they name the place. The beginning of the end.

I'm kinda bummed they're about to pave the "summer shortcut" to my place. County road, 4.3 miles of dirt coming from that direction. It'll be paved before winter. :(

I know what you mean. I used to spend a lot more time out in that part of the country than I do now, and there is a whole lot more empty space than most people realize. Sometimes there still isn't enough.

No. I get to Woodland Park often enough to see my folks, but never made it up to Fort Collins until just recently.

I know what you mean. I used to spend a lot more time out in that part of the country than I do now, and there is a whole lot more empty space than most people realize. Sometimes there still isn't enough.

Strangely, Fort Collins just won some national study for safest driving in all of the U.S. Having driven I-25 up that way, I'm not convinced the study is accurate, but whatever. Heh.

Actually the really interesting part of most of the West is that FedGov claims ownership of so much of it. Wouldn't a new Homestead Act be interesting?

Strangely, Fort Collins just won some national study for safest driving in all of the U.S. Having driven I-25 up that way, I'm not convinced the study is accurate, but whatever. Heh.

I saw that. I wonder - there are so many bikes in that town, maybe none of the problem demographics drive all that much?

Actually the really interesting part of most of the West is that FedGov claims ownership of so much of it. Wouldn't a new Homestead Act be interesting?

A few small towns in KS have tried their versions of homesteading. Some of these places are losing so much population they are on the verge of extinction, so they give away free land to anyone who builds on it and lives there more than some number of years. For someone retired, it might not be a bad deal. For others, you realize really quickly why nobody stays - no jobs.

I used to live on County Road 69. Needless to say, I could never give directions to the house by giving road numbers because the road sign was always gone.

Never underestimate the power of some people to do stupid things.

In far northern California, there is a town called Weed. Really. It's actually a fairly nice place, and doesn't smell nearly as bad as you might think given the name.

One day in college, I found the HUGE city limit sign sitting in a public location after an away game against UW.

And that's been the name of the town for as long as I can remember (which dates back to the 1950s). We'd drive through there on our way to/from Happy Camp on the Klamath River.

Am I the only one that seems to think that enroute to happy camp, one must pass thru weed?

Am I the only one that seems to think that enroute to happy camp, one must pass thru weed?

That's where I went wrong!

I was in the chair, waiting for some serious dental work when the dentist walked in. She asked how I was doing. I told her I was trying to go to my happy place. She told me, "Oh, you can't get there from here!"

Back