I think it will buff out....

N381DE (brand new SR22 G6) was owned by Destinations EFC, a small flight school based out of RVS. They actually specialize in Cirrus training and have some pretty high-time instructors there (CSIP Platinum/Master CFI type guys). They also offer a Legend Cub for tailwheel training and multi training as well. I believe the story had something to do with running off the side of the runway into the grass, but I didn’t get details.

http://destinationsefc.com

Last edited:
Maybe they need to add a CAPS unit to the rear of the plane, like on a dragster.

Isn't that break in the tail about where the chute would deploy? Perhaps an over loaded deployment charge?
(That is a guess, I"m not really sure where the chute deploys from).

Isn't that break in the tail about where the chute would deploy? Perhaps an over loaded deployment charge?
(That is a guess, I"m not really sure where the chute deploys from).
Nope. The chute didn't deploy. They are calling this a "cartwheel", which explains the type of damage.
Edit: it's possible that the tail is weakest at the parachute storage area.

Doesn't sound like the pilot flying was one of the Destinations EFC staff, but I could be wrong. Either way, starting to sound like a case of having more airplane than skills to fly it.

Doesn't sound like the pilot flying was one of the Destinations EFC staff, but I could be wrong. Either way, starting to sound like a case of having more airplane than skills to fly it.
Pitch/power management is not rocket science. Systems however.........

Pitch/power management is not rocket science. Systems however.........
And yet, this was in the landing phase, where the systems involved should be essentially the same for any light single. But, hey, I've "Q-tipped" a propeller, so what do I know.

Is the police officer in the picture writing a ticket?

Back